Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Resonance Vibration Issue??

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 06:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Resonance Vibration Issue??

Alright. Below was my Audio thread of my sub upgrade from the crappy Sony sub. I ended up with a Xtant 1001 amp, dual 10" foxbox (ported), 2 10" dual Typed Rs, and an LC2i to tie it all together.

So the problem:
Recently I have been getting a constant (and quite loud) buzz every time I turn the system on and the bass kicks in. At first I thought it might have been a loose wire, but I now do not think that is the case.

I did some research and believe it is a Resonance Vibration Issue, but I do not know how it started or how to fix it.

I Found this thread (http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/archi...hp/t-6385.html) and this is what I think is going on with my truck.

Really need help because no bass is driving me almost as nutty as the constant drone of bass

My Audio Build:
https://www.f150forum.com/f30/2010-f...foxbox-284792/
Old 06-16-2015, 07:54 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheff56
Alright. Below was my Audio thread of my sub upgrade from the crappy Sony sub. I ended up with a Xtant 1001 amp, dual 10" foxbox (ported), 2 10" dual Typed Rs, and an LC2i to tie it all together.

So the problem:
Recently I have been getting a constant (and quite loud) buzz every time I turn the system on and the bass kicks in. At first I thought it might have been a loose wire, but I now do not think that is the case.

I did some research and believe it is a Resonance Vibration Issue, but I do not know how it started or how to fix it.

I Found this thread (http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/archi...hp/t-6385.html) and this is what I think is going on with my truck.

Really need help because no bass is driving me almost as nutty as the constant drone of bass

My Audio Build:
https://www.f150forum.com/f30/2010-f...foxbox-284792/
If it is a buzz then it is electronic. Has it done it since you installed everything? I gather you ran the factory sub wires into the LC2i then out to the amp. Try turning down your levels on the LC2i first. You could be overdriving the amp.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
If it is a buzz then it is electronic. Has it done it since you installed everything? I gather you ran the factory sub wires into the LC2i then out to the amp. Try turning down your levels on the LC2i first. You could be overdriving the amp.
Well I haven't had the issue until just recently and it is a constant drone that shakes the truck. I have it turned off right now. I also haven't tuned the lc2I like it was supposed to be done,but I don't think that is it bc it would have done it the whole time right? Is it possible something has gotten into the port that could mess it up?? I'll try tuning the LC2i but curious what you think might also cause the problem..
Old 06-17-2015, 09:40 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheff56
Well I haven't had the issue until just recently and it is a constant drone that shakes the truck. I have it turned off right now. I also haven't tuned the lc2I like it was supposed to be done,but I don't think that is it bc it would have done it the whole time right? Is it possible something has gotten into the port that could mess it up?? I'll try tuning the LC2i but curious what you think might also cause the problem..
You will have to eliminate things. Could be a bad rca cable too. Unplug and see if it goes away.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
You will have to eliminate things. Could be a bad rca cable too. Unplug and see if it goes away.
I did not think of that. I'll try all of these when I get home from work.

Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply: Resonance Vibration Issue??