Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Replacing stock speakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 01:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing stock speakers

I just replaced the factory radio with a Pioneer DEH-P7000BT, and I am thinking about swapping the stock speakers with some Infinity Reference 6822cf in the front and back and adding an Infinity Reference 475a amp. I am wanting just a nice clean and crisp sound I'm not wanting to bump or anything...if you have any better suggestions I am all ears

Old 01-01-2009, 10:39 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I did that (speakers only) & wow what a difference! Love my Infinties! Once the wife heard them she made me put them in her Mercury too! Go for it, I hear sounds I never knew were on my CD's before. Sharp & clean even at top volume.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i just recently purchased and installed pioneers for my truck...and the difference is amazing...and im still running the stock radio w/o an amp....you will def be very happy
Old 01-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice choice on the deck..

i would go with some re audio 6.5 components, or kicker ks components, both nicely priced on ebay, the front ones will fit with no mods, but the back ones all you have to do is make a simple plate for it, no biggie and amazing sound!
Old 01-02-2009, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by loganberry
nice choice on the deck..

i would go with some re audio 6.5 components, or kicker ks components, both nicely priced on ebay, the front ones will fit with no mods, but the back ones all you have to do is make a simple plate for it, no biggie and amazing sound!
thank you sir I am liking it quite a bit so far...what are your thoughts on speaker wire should I replace it all with some higher quality stuff or will the factory wire work fine...and I will check out those speakers will that same amp work for those as well?
Old 01-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Originally Posted by TXRanger83
thank you sir I am liking it quite a bit so far...what are your thoughts on speaker wire should I replace it all with some higher quality stuff or will the factory wire work fine...and I will check out those speakers will that same amp work for those as well?

if you use an amp upgrade them certainly as you will need to run them to the amp, its a good idea to change out all the wire no matter what but its still possible to make it sound good with the stock, but for better sound/quality and heat transfer upgrade it!
Old 01-03-2009, 10:03 AM

if you use an amp upgrade them certainly as you will need to run them to the amp, its a good idea to change out all the wire no matter what but its still possible to make it sound good with the stock, but for better sound/quality and heat transfer upgrade it!
any particular wire brand that you recommend?
Old 01-04-2009, 01:20 AM
Car Audio Junkie

any particular wire brand that you recommend?
fosgate makes great wire, so does stinger, knukonceptz, alot of ppl do
Old 01-04-2009, 10:55 PM

fosgate makes great wire, so does stinger, knukonceptz, alot of ppl do
thanks alot you have been a big help...I have another question for you what do I make the plate out of to mount the speakers
Old 01-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Car Audio Junkie

thanks alot you have been a big help...I have another question for you what do I make the plate out of to mount the speakers

anything will work, its not very complex, take your stock speaker, trace the outline of it then cut that out, drill out the holes for the screws into the door (just like stock) then measure your 6.5 speaker, and cut out that hole, drop it in and make it work!!

i used mdf but thats because i have so much of it around my house since im always changing subwoofer boxes

Quick Reply: Replacing stock speakers