Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Replacing component speakers 2014

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 11:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Replacing component speakers 2014

SO I put in the Alpine 445U and what a difference. It showed how crappy my factory speakers are. Car toys is running the Focal PS165 on sale for $250. I am going to put them in and build adapter plates to run the round speakers.

My question is, how do I find the pillar mounted tweeter wires? This speaker has a really nice adjustable crossover. Are there any tutorials for this type of installation?

Thanks
Old 02-24-2016, 07:52 AM

Is there room in the back door to put an adapter plate and 6.5?
Old 02-24-2016, 08:00 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by crabo
SO I put in the Alpine 445U and what a difference. It showed how crappy my factory speakers are. Car toys is running the Focal PS165 on sale for $250. I am going to put them in and build adapter plates to run the round speakers.

My question is, how do I find the pillar mounted tweeter wires? This speaker has a really nice adjustable crossover. Are there any tutorials for this type of installation?

Thanks
If you don't have a Sony which it sounds like you don 't then the tweeters are hooked up to the door speakers. You can leave them connected and see how they sound or disconnect them.
Old 02-24-2016, 10:24 PM
Truck Noob

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

under the dash the main wires "split" off each other before going to the doors and then the tweeters. The easiest thing to do is to take off the pillars that have the tweeters and splice into there (cut the connector off, run it to the IN on the crossover). Then run the wires through the door flex tubing/drill a hole in the connector (half the plastic is not used) and run a set back to the tweeter. The crossover will fit on the side of the dash (literally unsnaps and leaves a great place to put the cross overs on each side.

I had mine installed and thats exactly how they did it... worked out great. Sounds harder/harder to explain than do.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by F150XLTFX4
under the dash the main wires "split" off each other before going to the doors and then the tweeters. The easiest thing to do is to take off the pillars that have the tweeters and splice into there (cut the connector off, run it to the IN on the crossover). Then run the wires through the door flex tubing/drill a hole in the connector (half the plastic is not used) and run a set back to the tweeter. The crossover will fit on the side of the dash (literally unsnaps and leaves a great place to put the cross overs on each side.

I had mine installed and thats exactly how they did it... worked out great. Sounds harder/harder to explain than do.
Could you shoot a pic of your tweeter position? I could pm you my phone number if you wanted to send it by text. This helps a lot
Old 02-25-2016, 08:06 AM

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
If you don't have a Sony which it sounds like you don 't then the tweeters are hooked up to the door speakers. You can leave them connected and see how they sound or disconnect them.
Here are the wiring diagrams that show the difference.

Name:  IMG_5743_zpsjnpubgjd.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  133.1 KB

Old 02-25-2016, 03:52 PM

You guys rock! Thanks
Old 02-26-2016, 04:15 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

In my 2014 the tweeter wire was connected to the main speaker wire and not under the dash

Quick Reply: Replacing component speakers 2014