Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Recommendations Needed!

Old 11-17-2016, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations Needed!

Just purchased a used '04 Lariat and I am looking to upgrade the door speakers and put in a sub/amp. The truck came with an Pioneer AVH-X2700BS head unit, so I am looking for some upgrades that will work well with that. Also, I am a college kid so spending a ton of money on top-of-the-line upgrades isn't really what I am looking for, but at the same time I don't mind spending a little extra if good quality is at stake! Any recommendations will help! Thank you!
Old 11-17-2016, 02:02 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Zack Queen
Just purchased a used '04 Lariat and I am looking to upgrade the door speakers and put in a sub/amp. The truck came with an Pioneer AVH-X2700BS head unit, so I am looking for some upgrades that will work well with that. Also, I am a college kid so spending a ton of money on top-of-the-line upgrades isn't really what I am looking for, but at the same time I don't mind spending a little extra if good quality is at stake! Any recommendations will help! Thank you!
Do you have a total budget in mind?
Old 11-17-2016, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
Do you have a total budget in mind?
I am planning on putting wheels and tires on in the near future as well, so I can't be spending all my money in one place. I wouldn't say I have a total budget at the moment because Im still in the early stage of exploring options...any thoughts are helpful!
Old 11-17-2016, 05:22 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Zack Queen
I am planning on putting wheels and tires on in the near future as well, so I can't be spending all my money in one place. I wouldn't say I have a total budget at the moment because Im still in the early stage of exploring options...any thoughts are helpful!
Kicker makes good door speakers for the money and add a powered sub. Should get them all done for $300. You will need to get an amp wiring kit also.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:52 PM
Sh!tllbuffout

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

I say check out the current speakers. I just got my 07 a couple of months ago and it had infinity components in front and blown pioneers in back. Just put in infinity coax in rear. Found an amp the other day behind the back seat too. 5 channel pos lol. Truck had a stock radio too. I really like the speakers. Jbl and infinity are owned by harmon. Fyi, our speakers are 5x7/6x8.

Search this Thread