Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

recommend me some door speakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recommend me some door speakers

Soo i have two 10s Cvts 800w 4ohm, crunch 1000w 2ch amp,
Front Door - Kenwood KFC-C5782ie 3way
Rear Door- STOCK =(

I dont know what i want, the guy at the audio store was pushin me towards kicker 5x7s but i wasnt sure bout em, id like some 2 ways i guess, i want em to keep up with the subs, sound good and hit, i guess

my door speakers isn't hooked up to the amp and i dont know if i should or how.

help me out guys lol thank you Budget is on the cheap side i kinda dont wanna spend no more then 90$ but i will if its worth it
Old 01-07-2011, 10:59 AM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Sell the kenwoods, buy some 6.5 comps for the front. Check out the Phoenix Gold RSD65CS for some decent value comps. Buy a cheap 2 channel amp for the front speakers with the $30 left and your budget and the $50 you swindle your friend out of for the Kenwoods.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:18 AM

omg thats a great idea, i dont know where id put the tweets thought, with out drilling in the truck?

i might just end up getting just 2 ways but i want good 2ways , i mean i rather have the comp speakers and i have no room for another amp, maybe ill switch to a 4way amp

Last edited by jdx45; 01-07-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:28 AM

Drop to the 5 1/4" RSD components and put them on an adapter plate like the pic below, the adapters will run you like $10 on ebay
Old 01-09-2011, 08:12 PM

hey gator, i dont need a amp do i? can i just connect it to the head unit?
Old 01-09-2011, 10:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not trying to high jack the thread, but what cheap amp would you recommend for the doors. I installed some Infinity Kappa comp speakers in the front, & Infinity Reference in the rear. The speakers helped the overall sound, but there is no bass. HU is a Eclipse Nav unit. I am torn on whether to install an amp to the doors, or install a sub. I don't want a pounding bass, just a good quality sound overall.

I installed my tweeters in the door panel. They are located in the panel above the door handle, & towards the front. Tight fit, but look good.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by jdx45
hey gator, i dont need a amp do i? can i just connect it to the head unit?
You can run them off of the head unit, but they won't be much of an improvement over the Kenwoods until you amp them.

Originally Posted by Dirtbuster1
Not trying to high jack the thread, but what cheap amp would you recommend for the doors. I installed some Infinity Kappa comp speakers in the front, & Infinity Reference in the rear. The speakers helped the overall sound, but there is no bass. HU is a Eclipse Nav unit. I am torn on whether to install an amp to the doors, or install a sub. I don't want a pounding bass, just a good quality sound overall.

I installed my tweeters in the door panel. They are located in the panel above the door handle, & towards the front. Tight fit, but look good.
How cheap?

Ebay seller Audioclinic refurbishes old school US Acoustics stuff that is clean underrated power for a great price.

You really need to put a sub in to get any real bass, though.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:47 AM

Preferably just plug and play ones... i'm not the smartest at this speakers stuff, but looking to upgrade the rears :P and not looking for components?... i have no idea what they are but sounds like it ISN'T plug and play someone please inform me lol i feel really stupid.....
Old 01-12-2011, 08:20 AM

id go to your local audio store, and see start testing speakers, and if you find ones you like and there to expensive look online, thats what i was gunna do, but im leaning towards the components with the adapter unless i find a better 2 way, which i prob wont lol
Old 01-13-2011, 06:15 AM

I installed a JL Audio J2 320.4 amp for all my door speakers (Pioneer TS-A6872R 6x8), and these things get loud. I bought some of the Install Bay wire which comes with 4 sets of speaker wire plus a blue remote wire all wrapped up in one. Very nice for running wire. I then picked up some pig tails to connect to the factory plug at the door. I ran the speaker wire and the rca's from the HU back to the amp on the back wall, connected everything to the HU and the amp. These things outperform my JL Audio 10W1's by a long shot. In fact I am going to upgrade my subs because of this. These Pioneer 6x8's will make your ears bleed, figure of speach of course. Now I know that a sweet set up is running comp's up front and coaxial in the back, but for the money these things are clear, crisp and have hit every note (rock, rap, r&b, country) that I have thrown at them. I am very pleased with them. My 2 cents....

Quick Reply: recommend me some door speakers