Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Rear seat I.C.E trend?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 12:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Rear seat I.C.E trend?

It's been about 8 years since my last new vehicle. I added a car PC, DVD/screen, and NAVTV to make it long haul family friendly.

The DVD doesn't get used much if ever anymore with the ipod/ipads the kids have now killing the need for the short trip request.

What is the latest trend that folks are doing for the long haul solution? Is it as simple as just tablets? I know I saw somewhere that there is a USB hard drive that puts out a wifi so you can load it up with movies but I can't seem to find it again.

I have a 2013 fx4 screw and have yet to try and play a video through the factory system. What formats if any does it accept through the USB ports? I plan on in the next few months after completing my other "wants" list adding the lockpick or whatever its called...mainly so I can get a front camera as I haven't quite figured out where the front of the truck ends when parking and seems to require getting out every time I park.

Is it possible to add a USB Hub? With only two and one dedicated to the iphone charger it's somewhat of a pia.

Last question, there appears to be a door under the HU (the one with the microsoft emblem. It acts like it wants to open but it don't yet its not "solid" in the dash. Is there anything behind this "locked" door?

So far lovin the new ride. Only complaints is lack of storage space outside of the console. Wish they'd of put the tray along the console on the drivers side.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I figured out that on my MFT you can use the built in WIFI to stream video to occupants in the cab. I hooked up a WDTV Live box and installed goodplayer on the ipod/ipad/iphone. I used the AC plug to power the WDTV which workes good in that it powers down 10minutes after key shut off so no need to worry about battery drain if left on. I'm not sure if the wifi will still be active for 10 minutes or not.
Kids were able to stream all the movies we have without the need to download anything.The WDTV plugs into the AV so easy to use to put in wifi password etc...plus there for when I want to sit in truck while wife shops. Once I get the lockpick it'll be good for passenger to watch movie on nav screen without holding the ipad. I got one of these for the back seat to keep kids seperated and the revese flip of the lid is perfect for holding Ipad so they both can watch.
http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/stor...ractor-console

Quick Reply: Rear seat I.C.E trend?