Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Questions about speaker wiring on 2005 SCAB

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 04:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about speaker wiring on 2005 SCAB

1) What is the stock speaker wire gauge from the HU to the speaker(s)

2) From what I can gather, it is next to near impossible to run new wire through the door boots. It appears the harness(es) running through the door do so via connectors, leaving us no way to run new wire w/o drilling new holes......my question is, is this a true statement

3) Is the stock speaker wire good enough to handle 50 watts @ 4 ohms

4) Also, do I need these adapters to install my new speakers http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-5600.html???? I am assuming the stock wiring already has these.....assuming thats true, all I need to do is possibly splice in new spade connectors at the and for the new speakers, or solder.

Last edited by havhon; 10-19-2010 at 04:23 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:39 AM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by havhon
1) What is the stock speaker wire gauge from the HU to the speaker(s)
18 AWG
2) From what I can gather, it is next to near impossible to run new wire through the door boots. It appears the harness(es) running through the door do so via connectors, leaving us no way to run new wire w/o drilling new holes......my question is, is this a true statement
Sounds like you have a Dearborn built truck with the molex connectors at the doors. Only option besides drilling the jamb is trying to drill out the open area in the molex connector.

3) Is the stock speaker wire good enough to handle 50 watts @ 4 ohms
Yes, you should be okay up to 100W or more.

4) Also, do I need these adapters to install my new speakers http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-5600.html???? I am assuming the stock wiring already has these.....assuming thats true, all I need to do is possibly splice in new spade connectors at the and for the new speakers, or solder.
You don't need them, but if you get them you won't have to cut and splice the factory wires.

Quick Reply: Questions about speaker wiring on 2005 SCAB