Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Question for those who Sprayed their Sub Box

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 04:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Question for those who Sprayed their Sub Box

For those of you who sprayed their sub box rather than carpeting, what did you use? I originally carpeted mine but ran out of my good spray adhesive part way through and had to make do with some crappy stuff as the store was out. Now parts of the carpet has peeled back and frayed. Im thinking of pulling it all off and sanding/spraying, just wondering what products everyone has used to spray their boxes and if there was any special prep.

Thx
Old 04-12-2013, 06:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

nothing special i sanded n primed it coulple times then sprayed it painted to match my truck
Old 04-13-2013, 02:35 AM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I've used Rustoleum textured spray paint in the past before and it worked out pretty well. I first used some primer to get the finish smoother and for better adhesion.

The thing about any painting is that it takes a bit more prep work for it to turn out well vs. carpeting. Takes more sanding and more steps IMO. Most of the time I prefer to use carpet as it can hold up a bit better to abuse.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:39 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I used roll on bed liner from oriley's. turned out pretty good. Water doesn't bother it either.

Quick Reply: Question for those who Sprayed their Sub Box