Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

protect mode?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 09:23 PM
BAMF CLUB MEMBER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question protect mode?

amp turns on, but just main powerlight just flashes, wont play music, hook exact wires up to anothe amp and it plays, heard it may be in protect mode? any ideas on how to solve this problem thanks!
Old 12-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Audio Junkie

Originally Posted by Raevsky97
amp turns on, but just main powerlight just flashes, wont play music, hook exact wires up to anothe amp and it plays, heard it may be in protect mode? any ideas on how to solve this problem thanks!
When in protect mode you should just be able to remove the power for a few seconds to reset the amp then turn it back on and it should play fine. Now i have had to take the power wires off on some brands to reset them but if you have done that and its still not playing you just blew your amp my friend. Does it smell like burnt? just litterally smell the amp and if it smells burnt you blew it. and from what your saying it sounds blown.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There could be a short somewhere. Good luck, i dealt with that when I put in my hu. Ford pinched a speaker wire with a panel clip when the truck was built and the wire was shorting on the clip. PITA
Old 12-02-2010, 10:37 AM
BAMF CLUB MEMBER

Hmmmm I'll give that a try, oh well if its blown I only spent thirty bucks on a 300 dollar amp

Quick Reply: protect mode?