Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

To process or not to process?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 05:50 PM
Dazed and Confused

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default To process or not to process?

Hi guys,

I keep reading different things and going back and forth on what I want to do... I hear the outputs on my Sony system are all full range, I hear they're divided up, I hear OEMs are EQ'd to match the speakers and you'll need to undo this on replacement speakers to get anything out of them, etc., etc., etc.

Does anyone know what is true? I am debating on whether I need to spend the money on a processor or not.

At the most basic, I can run speaker level inputs into the amps I'm planning on running (either Soundstream or Pioneer, both have speaker level inputs) for my sub and run my replacement speakers (probably ID CTX65s) on the factory amp and crossover points. I'd much rather have all inputs (front, rear, and sub) go into a processor that I could use to tweak out. However, this is a much more expensive option.

What do you guys think? Are processors worth it?

Really, the biggest question is what is coming out of that Sony amp... if all channels have full range, that would mean I don't need to sum them to get a full range front feed.

Any thoughts?

Brandon
Old 11-08-2015, 08:55 PM
Dazed and Confused

Well, after some research and after my wife encouraged me to "save up a bit more and really do it the way you want to", I've decided to process... and probably process big. I'm looking at running active crossovers and a few other things at this point... should be fun! And hopefully sound great. Ha!

Here's hoping to a big bonus at the end of the year!

Brandon
Old 11-08-2015, 10:50 PM

Received 169 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrandonb
Well, after some research and after my wife encouraged me to "save up a bit more and really do it the way you want to", I've decided to process... and probably process big. I'm looking at running active crossovers and a few other things at this point... should be fun! And hopefully sound great. Ha!

Here's hoping to a big bonus at the end of the year!

Brandon
Sounds like it will be a nice setup. Check out www.diyma.com if you haven't. LOTS of info on processing and active systems
Old 11-08-2015, 11:10 PM
Dazed and Confused

I'm hoping so.

Thanks for the tip! I just started perusing that forum today, actually.

Brandon
Old 11-09-2015, 01:55 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've had zero issues with my audison bit ten. 2013 f150 with sony/mft. Bit ten handles everything and the system sounds awesome. Best of luck.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:56 PM
Dazed and Confused

Awesome. Thanks for commenting! I'm thinking I'd like to do active crossovers and tweak a bit more than I would otherwise, and maybe use raw drivers, too, but I'm not 100% sure yet. Really and truly, probably depends on what my bonus looks like this year.

Brandon

Quick Reply: To process or not to process?