Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

problems with 04 factory harness

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 02:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default problems with 04 factory harness

i have an 04 f150, and a little while after i got it the radio started cutting out goin over bumps and stuff. so i pulled the radio out and whoever had the truck before me was obviously a do it yourself kind of person who didnt have a clue. they had a serious satelite radio spliced into the power wires and also a line out converter spliced into the speaker wires. but none of it was very neat, and there were alot of bare spots in the wires

So i pulled these things out and started redoing the wiring, as i figured it was just shorting out when the wires moved and touched. Now i have tried to put the harness back together, and am getting nothing. when i plug in the radio, the clock comes on and the cd players starts to look for discs if i hold the wires right, but the radio doesnt actually turn on, so i thought maybe it was the plug, and cut into a factory harness at a junkyard to try to basically illiminate all of the differant connections back there and replace the plug. i have my new harness all ready, but before i cut the old one out, i decided to see if the current one was getting power, and put a test light on it. no power to anything anywhere, not the constant, not the ignition, nothing.

when i get back home im going to look deeper into the harness and see if he spliced into it anywhere else further up under the dash, but i was wandering if anyone had any other ideas other than fuses

sorry for the long read, and thanks

Quick Reply: problems with 04 factory harness