Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Premade Enclosure Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 12:51 AM
International man of Myst

Received 166 Likes on 103 Posts

Default Premade Enclosure Questions

I'm slowly assembling all my crap to install a stereo in '12 SCrew. One of that last items I need is an enclosure, and I was getting ready to DIY it but my weekends are super crunched for time. I'm now looking at getting a customized Super Crew Sound enclosure, or something else. I'm particular about how I want this to look when it's done, so I'm concerned about square corners sticking out from under the two rounded seats, Does anyone have one of their double enclosures and can post photos of the seat overlap, how it tucks under, etc?

I'm also open to other suggestions in vendors.....

Thanks.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The box is easier to build then you think. DIY also gives you the ability to meet the manufacturer specifications, for the subwoofer that you are wanting to use. If youre pressed for time. Do it slow, its 6 pieces of wood you have to cut. But if its out of your comfort level, check these links out. I like the fox box, its clean and fits great.

http://www.foxacoustics.com/ProductD...50-SC-210-V-09
http://www.supercrewsound.com/09F150...Sdualdeep.html
Old 07-15-2013, 12:15 PM

I've made a few in the past, but was looking for a way to take a short cut. It's looking like all of them have the flaw I'm concerned about: square corner sticking out under a round corner seat. Blah!
Old 07-16-2013, 06:48 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not a fan of shsrp corners either. The box I have is temporary. I plan on making a fiberglass enclosure so it fits flush and I can round everything off. It will also able me to have less space taken up under the seat.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What about having a local shop build the box for you? A reputable brick and mortar shop should be able to knock a box out in a couple days.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Set_da_Hook
What about having a local shop build the box for you? A reputable brick and mortar shop should be able to knock a box out in a couple days.
Yeah, I talked to one right down the street and it would cost between 5 and 600 to do it. They seemed to be down with what it would take, and said it might be less, but considering the tight fit they're thinking 500+ would be accurate. For that, I can burn a weekend or a few hours at a time working on it this fall.

I'll send super crew sound a note and find out if they are willing to tolerate my shenanigans.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah 500 would be hard to stomach but there is a lot of work involved with kerfing the MDF then re-enforcing it afterwards. What are you looking at building the enclosure for?
Old 07-16-2013, 10:03 PM

I don't think they were out of line, it's like you say: a lot to stomach.

It's an older DD Audio 1010. Big *** sub for a 10" at the time.

Quick Reply: Premade Enclosure Questions