Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Please help with stereo wiring

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help with stereo wiring

Hello, I am currently upgrading my stereo in my 2011 f150 sc lariat ecoboost. Im using the factory HU none nav with sync. I am using the audison bit ten digital processor, two alpine pdx amps, alpine 60c in fronts, 6x8 type r's in back with a type r 12d4 sub. Now im having a problam finding anything on line about running my key memory wire(remote) from the stock HU to my processor. Since my deck isnt the sony upgraded unit with the factory amp, I dont believe there is a remote wire from my deck. Can anyone help me out with this? I also that maybe there was a power antenna wire or something like that. I dont want to run off of key switch power like ive read lots of people do, cause I want my amps and processor to shut down if the keys on or engine running and I want to turn the stero off. Any ideas?
Old 05-31-2013, 11:26 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

From the manual:

"5.2 HOW TO TURN THE bit Ten ON / OFF

4. Through the MASTER (INPUT FL) input. The AUTO TURN ON (ART) function is enabled by connecting an amplified head unit output to the INPUT FL input channel. This function can be disabled by moving the SPEAKER TURN ON switch to OFF. "

This says it will sense when the factory head unit is on, by the power coming through the speaker wire input.

Pin 9 (blue) in the harness will go to turn on your amps. Chaining them is fine.

The key memory is opptional, I would not use it because of the delayed power that the factory head unit gets.

Give this a try.

Quick Reply: Please help with stereo wiring