Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Pionner 4200DVD - Problem auto-switching to rearview camera

Old 02-26-2011, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pionner 4200DVD - Problem auto-switching to rearview camera

Hey guys,
I recently installed a Pioneer 4200DVD head unit in my 2010 SCREW...I also installed a BOYO back up camera....I've got the camera wired into my reverse light (12V + and 12V -) and then the video signal wire run into the cab....

My issue is this: everything works fine when I flip the truck in reverse, the camera works, sends the picture, just great. Then I flip the truck into drive and the Pioneer unit flips back to the regular radio screen. But about 3 seconds later the deck automatically flips back to the camera view...The camera isn't on, so all it shows is a black screen with the message "screen image may be reversed"....

So, I have a couple of questions: has anyone ever had this issue before? And does it sound like a problem with how I've got the camera/headunit wired or is it a faulty headunit?
Old 02-28-2011, 08:03 AM

Bump
Old 02-28-2011, 09:20 AM
First Tiger of G.R.O.S.S.

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

It sounds like a head unit issue, I would check with a pioneer forum and see if there are any known issues with it or any firmware updates.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happened to me too. You have to change the polarity on the HU to battery.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:49 AM
none.

Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

nope. you have to turn the camera off. So, after you put it into drive, tap the screen if it turns black. Then go to the sources menu, hit the camera icon again and then select your source. My '3100 did it, my '4300 does it.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should not have to turn it off each time. Mine started working correctly when I adjusted the polarity in the setup menu.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:39 AM

I tried all of those suggestions. Switching the polarity and turning the camera source off, re-installing the head-unit and starting the install over again. None of those things worked for me. IT got to the point with this deck that I could put it in reverse WITH NO CAMERA ATTACHED TO IT, and it will still start auto switching. Even with the camera source turned off.

In the end, it was a head-unit issue. Got a new version of the same head-unit and no problems from then on.

I have a loose connection where I tapped into my reverse light for the camera power, so occasionally when I put it in reverse the camera won't come on, but I just need to find the time to pull the light and re-do my connections.

Thanks for the help tho!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pionner 4200DVD - Problem auto-switching to rearview camera