Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Pioneer Head Unit???

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 01:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pioneer Head Unit???

I'm looking to replace my factory stereo and have a friend that can get me anything from Pioneer at dealer cost. I would like IPOD controls and a HD tuner. Don't need DVD or GPS nav.

I plan on doing component speakers front and back and a box under the back seat with two 10's.

Just want to know if anyone has experience with these two units or could suggest something else from Pioneer they really like:

DEH-P7000BT

DEH-P6100BT

I don't have to go Pioneer, but like I said I can get them for a pretty good price.

Thanks!!
Old 05-30-2009, 04:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought one a few years ago (Premiere DEH-P780MP) and i was very pleased with it. the only problem i had with it was when i went to utah during the summer and dust got all in my truck and the cd wouldnt eject all the way. anyway i ended up breaking that one and replaced it with a pioneer DEH-P9800BT, its exactly the same except the new one has bluetooth. i havent seen any other deck that lets you adjust the sound as much as this one, not even dvd or nav decks. if you want something strictly for ipod then check out alpine, ive heard they have the best interface for that.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Yak

Default did you pick on?

Mako did you make a decision? I have been looking at the DEH-P6100BT and trying to get feedback on the quality of the bluetooth. My headunit's backlighting recently went out and figured time to upgrade.

Let me know if you got it how you like it,

Thanks

Yak
Old 10-27-2009, 02:10 PM

The P800BT double din or the P8000BT double din. Both have blue tooth and both make ur speakers sound unbelievable. Both have full I-pod capabilities and both have built in equalizers and the blue tooth has exceptional clarity. Both also have HD radio and satelite radio capabilities. The differences is the 800 is the premier and the newer model. These two units do everything capable in a CD player except play video or navigation. Great quality item looks very good as well. Check them out at pioneers website. I'm actually putting the 800 in my 05 within the next 2 weeks. The website says the 800 is $389 and the 8000 is $369 so I duno what you can get it for. But if you like it, want it, and can get it new for cheap. Pick up two and I'll pay you lol

Last edited by Lariat4x4; 10-27-2009 at 02:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Pioneer Head Unit???