Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

pioneer double din install help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pioneer double din install help!

Hey so i just bought an appradio for my 07 f150 screw and im having a ton of problems. I bought a wiring harness, but i still do have issues. The double din comes with an orange cable labeled "illumi", but the metra adapter that i bought has only an orange with black and an orange with white, no plain orange. the orange/white is used for a dimmer, and the orange/black is generally not used(according to the manual). Another issue is fact that there are two groups of wire attached to the stock headunit, one of them plugs into the adapter, but there is still another smaller harness that can't fit into the adapter as well, do I just ignore it and let it hang there? I also have a "brake" wire that is green/white and i am told to attach that to the parking brake, but I have no idea how to. I also have a blue/white wire labeled "p cont" but i have no idea where that goes as well seeing as how my metra adapter has no blue/white wire. Lastly, i have a cable(like a cable for a tv from an xbox or so) that is yellow and is for video, but i dont see how i would connect that in my truck. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Canuck with a truck

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

I finished installing my Pioneer HU a couple days ago, and if the colors on the harness didn't match the HU harness i didn't connect them. and the parking brake wire most people do a bypass so you don't have to be in park to watch a movie.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The orange wire on the radio harness wires to the orange/white wire on the Metra harness.

The smaller plug in the factory harness contains the steering wheel controls. If you want them to work with the new radio, you'll need a separate adapter to plug into that harness.

I used http://www.microbypass.com/index.php...od&productId=1 to bypass the parking brake lockout and it was all kinds of easy to wire up and really compact allowing me to just zip tie it in with the rest of the wiring keeping it secure and out of the way.

The blue/white wire is the "power control" wire and is used to turn on external amplifiers or activate a power antenna (if you don't have a solid blue wire coming off the radio) if you have them.

The yellow RCA plug is either for video input or output (not familiar enough with that model to give you a definitive answer). If you don't have an external video source or external monitors to connect, it isn't used. It probably has a cap on it. Leave the cap there and let it hang (sts).
Old 08-07-2012, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks a lot! thats really helping me do the rest of the install

Quick Reply: pioneer double din install help!