Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Pioneer Avic X930BT w/FRST (sync and steering controls)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer Avic X930BT w/FRST (sync and steering controls)

Replaced the stocker in my 2011 F150 Scab (single disc with dealer installed sirius).

This was installed by a local shop as I did not want to fool with the FRST and Axxess modules to retain sync steering wheel controls, and thank god for that.

This is a tip for those in 2011 model year trucks, you may need to flash the FRST module to get the steering wheel controls to work. Took them a couple of hours of dealing with customer support on the module before figuring out that an update was needed for it to work properly on 2011's. I hated to see the center led display go, but I got over it perry quickly.

Thankfully it got straightened out. So many cool features to this stereo. I've got a dvd, usb sick and sd card all plugged in loaded with movies music and pictures (for the custom splash screen) as well as sirius. I don't think I'll run short of media.

Here is a pic of the head unit:

Here is something I added this afternoon. :

I hate the look of the magnetic antenna (no matter how well you do it, there is always a little wire showing) so I picked up a marine sirius antenna (SRA-25). It's the closest you can get to a factory style antenna since it requires a hole to mount. As I will never be using AM/FM I removed the antenna. It's the PERFECT spot so mount the SRA-25. It covers the radio antenna mounting holes very nicely. I painted the antenna black since it only comes in a glossy white (as do all other marine sirius antenna). There is also a small rubber plug in the firewall that is perfectly located for running the antenna wire through to the Sirius tuner. I just punch a small hole in the plug and ran it on through.

Last edited by tweak89; 07-01-2011 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Adding Pics
Old 06-15-2011, 11:25 PM

Default Lost of sync controls

Hi,

Did you install the PAC's MS-FRD1 interface, which lets you replace the factory radio and maintain all the sync functions?
Old 06-17-2011, 04:39 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks damn good, bro!
Old 06-17-2011, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Maddog 20 20
Hi,

Did you install the PAC's MS-FRD1 interface, which lets you replace the factory radio and maintain all the sync functions?
No, it was the Metra FRST interface along with another module to keep the sync/audio controls. Looking at a pic of the PAC module, looks identical with the exception of the screen case color (a more sensible black as opposed to FRST's oddball white which goes with NOTHING!!)

Works great, I don't use the little LCD screen that comes with it (it's tucked away out of sight) since it's all voice commands anyway.

Last edited by tweak89; 06-17-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:24 AM

does the screen at the top of the center stack with the temp and direction in it still work.

by the center display do you mean the one behind the steering wheel, why did that go away?
does it work off sync and you eliminated sync?

Last edited by ronn; 06-25-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by ronn
does the screen at the top of the center stack with the temp and direction in it still work.

by the center display do you mean the one behind the steering wheel, why did that go away?
does it work off sync and you eliminated sync?

Sorry for not being clear. I meant the center stack display. The LCD screen in the dash is unaffected.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:36 AM

Default Nice

Great idea. Thanks for the help. Set up looks great

Quick Reply: Pioneer Avic X930BT w/FRST (sync and steering controls)