Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Pioneer Avic - Many Questions

Old 12-16-2011, 03:58 PM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Pioneer Avic - Many Questions

I've seen a couple of people on the forum have installed the Z130 and the 930 so any and all help would be appreciated if you know the answer(s). I would be installing this in a 2011 F150 XLT Screw. I have installed a Z1 on a vehicle I had 5 or so years ago so my questions are very wiring/vehicle specific.

For the Z130 Owners

Did you connect the VSS wire? The audio dealer I called said it is handled through the bus interface that you use to retain the steering wheel controls. He didn't really seem to know and then it sounded like he just BS'd it. If you did it yourself, do you know where that wire is?

For all Avic Owners

Parking brake wire. Where did you connect this?

Illumination/Dimming. Where did you connect this?

Reverse wire for Camera. Where did you connect this?

Have you found a discreet place for the Microphone that sounds good but is hidden?

Can any reverse camera be used or does it have to be the specific $200 camera that Pioneer sells?

Should I retain Sync? The only thing I use Sync for is to hit the phone button to say hello and talk. Literally that is it. Would it be easier to retain sync for the phone, this way I don't have to use the Mic that came with the Pioneer? Do you miss Sync? Do all of the steering buttons work correctly?

Lastly, the Metra faceplate, does that finish match the finish of the dash in an XLT?

Thanks again for any help. My local dealer has some impressive pricing and everything I would need is in stock and I could literally be picking it up in a few minutes and drinking, I mean installing tonight. His installation price is fair but I don't get that warm and fuzzy feeling and rather be the guy putting my hands on my baby.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had an avic in my 04. I connected the parking brake wire to the ground on the cig plug. I also had my mic attached to my headliner by the windshield between my driver sun visor and rear view mirror. I never had any complaints about not being heard. As far as the dimmer I had wired to the harness that pluged into my factory harness.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pioneer Avic - Many Questions