Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Pioneer AVIC 8000NEX

Old 12-28-2014, 09:27 PM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Pioneer AVIC 8000NEX

Anyone have one? How'd the install go? New dash or cut stock one? I got myself one for Christmas and curious about the install. Any help or ideas etc are appreciated.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:04 PM

Anyone? Went to a place today told me I wouldnt be able to use all features and maestro was a waste.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:42 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by ReBeL50V8
Anyone? Went to a place today told me I wouldnt be able to use all features and maestro was a waste.
I would go to another place. With your STX you can use an in dash kit. They sell for about $30. If it is Maestro capable then you will retain all SYNC and steering wheel controls as well as using the BT microphone. I would check out the Maestro website for more info
Old 12-29-2014, 05:51 PM

Thank you, I spent about 2 hours on the phone with pioneer and maestro. Only thing I'd end up losing is Sirius it's in the stock head unit just have to purchase a new Sirius antennae or whatever runs around $40. Also for anyone else curious the pioneer doesn't support syncs blue tooth audio it would have to be via the pioneer.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:59 PM

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

hey I have question for you.... I have used the Meastro RR before On kenwoods and I `m switching to the 8000NEX hoping to install tomorrow, Kenwoods never had the car speed input wire, did you wire this up? I figured maybe the 8000nex wouldn`t need it since it would get from the RR, I private message to 12Volt guy and I will see what he says(have not heard back yet), I wasn`t sure if you have gotten that far yet. thanks
Old 01-02-2015, 01:11 PM

I have not i did the install but still need to update the unit lmk what 12v says n ill keep you posted as well
Old 01-02-2015, 01:33 PM

Received 91 Likes on 75 Posts

I have one. It was a surprise B-day present which was installed while I was at work. I dont have steering wheel controls, so cant help there. You will need an adapter face plate for the install. I have pulled it out and installed an MHL to HDMI cable, and updated the firmware and maps.

Pioneer is known to not update their firmware to get full functionality of the receiver, even though the features are listed. Instead they release new stereos. Apple CarPlay was just introduced not long ago. There is supposed to be an AVISYNC feature which connects your phone to the 8000 which allows for weather, additional traffic updates etc. It was supposed to be released in fall, still waiting.

Also, the AppRadio feature is marginally useful, though using WAZE GPS through the receiver is nice.

Here is a forum for NEX receivers.

http://avic411.com/index.php?/forum/63-nex/

Last edited by Willard5.0; 01-02-2015 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:59 PM

I have not i did the install but still need to update the unit lmk what 12v says n ill keep you posted as well
yeah I installed mine today,I really like it way better than the DNN990HD I had before, so much faster starting up, I had a z120 pioneer before and never really liked Pioneer Navigation, but I really like Nav on the 8000nex, but I ran in a problem with trying to get The Maestro RR to work right, My steering wheel buttons don`t work right, I have used the RR before and never had a issue when I used the Kenwood and different RR, I flashed the module twice to make sure it was correctly flashed, but for some reason only button that works correctly is the voice button for Sync, my volume down button switches the radio screen to Nav. screen, my OK button turns down the volume, media button turns up the volume, hang up the phone button goes through the Presets instead of the seek buttons, I have reset the RR and radio twice and I made sure I had the 1.08 FW for the 8000nex, the install guide for initial programming when first powering up the radio and RR your suppose to go and set OEM bluetooth on and do the whole platform selection and the key off and on thing, but mine only has the oem settings section and the only way I can get mine to do the Platform selection programming I have to press the Maestro reset button on the pioneer screen..... so how did you get yours to do the Initial programming between the RR and 8000nex? I will Call IDatalink tomorrow surprisingly they are open from 10-4pm tomorrow
Old 01-03-2015, 11:41 PM

I ended up paying someone to put it in. I didn't have sirius installed yet, I do have all my controls on my steering wheel but no sync. I never used it to begin with so no reason to carry on with it. Sometime this coming week I'll be adding sirius and hooking up the idatalink maestro for full functions. See how it goes. How did your conversation go with idatalink?
Old 01-04-2015, 04:39 PM

I ended up paying someone to put it in. I didn't have sirius installed yet, I do have all my controls on my steering wheel but no sync. I never used it to begin with so no reason to carry on with it. Sometime this coming week I'll be adding sirius and hooking up the idatalink maestro for full functions. See how it goes. How did your conversation go with idatalink?
yeah I it installed it and I still have Issue with The Maestro RR, I called Idatalink on saturday to ask them and he told me I need to use the Serial Data cable instead of the round pin audio cable, I did that and reset everything, and started over and its still the same way(I have the latest FW on the Pioneer),my OK button and Media buttons control the volume and the volume down button switches from Sirius screen to the Nav screen and I have reflashed the module 2 times and still the same thing, I`m going to mess it a little tomorrow after work, if I can`t get the Maestro RR to work, its getting taken out...... another thing the smaller display that has the Temp and direction above my stock radio shows the time 2 hours behind the clock on my Pioneer, I do get the channel and song name on my oem display from SiruisXM radio, I`m going to pullout my radio and triple check my connections and reset everything try one more time, if no luck the RR is out and I`m just going to use the PAC SWI-CP5 and this module will work with the CAN-BUS, and plug right in the wired remote port, I don`t really care to keep the SYNC anyways never use it, and I will get rid of the irritating 2 hour behind clock on my Oem display the only way to keep the RR would keep Sync, which is the only button on the steering controls that work right, but one more try then I`m done with the Maestro RR.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pioneer AVIC 8000NEX