Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

PIONEER AVH-P4000 install problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 05:07 PM
2006 F-150 5.4 4x4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PIONEER AVH-P4000 install problem

hey there once again guys, I finally picked up my pioneer double din...375$ with install kit and wiring harness shipped!! very stoked any ways, I can manage installing this deck with a video bypass no problem...but what my dilema is, how do I hook up my amp and sub to it? I may have missed it but I dont believe there is a subwoofer pre-out on the back...how do I tie in my amp. hookup wires to the headunit? they are the typical component wires (audio). any experiences? and if any of you have some old install pics laying around on your computer, please add em. thanks!
Old 11-13-2008, 08:57 PM

You should be able to hook 'em up to any of RCA audio outputs. You just won't have sub control.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:20 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should see the white/yellow/red RCA's in the rear of the deck or on the back of the hide-away unit if your in-dash has it. You'll also see a set of pre-outs that say "sub" or "woofer" and you hook the amps to them.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:14 AM

I am interested in the same head unit. It does not have a sub out RCA jacks. You can use the others but as mentioned earlier - you won't have sub control.

Where did you find that unit for $375.00? Crutchfield wants $499.00 for it.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:21 AM
2006 F-150 5.4 4x4

Originally Posted by Brian Laube
I am interested in the same head unit. It does not have a sub out RCA jacks. You can use the others but as mentioned earlier - you won't have sub control.

so how can I have sub control? on the unit itself, it has sub control in the menu, what I was thinking of doing was wiring all 4 speakers into the front speaker output of the stereo and just using the rear for the subwoofer...or option 2, wire everything up as it says...fron tto front, rear to rear and using the rear out rca's for the amp. what do you think?
Old 11-15-2008, 01:41 PM

You were gonna wire all 4 speakers to the front speaker leads? Don't do it, unless you wanna fry your h/u.

Wire your 4 speakers like normal. Read the manual, it should tell you if there is sub control and which rca outs it is.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:17 PM

the rear RCA jacks are the sub control jacks according to Crutchfield.

But I wouldn't wire it the way you taked about.

Are you using an amp to power the front and rear speakers ( not including the sub. ???

If yes - a 2-channel or 4-channel?
Old 11-15-2008, 09:56 PM
2006 F-150 5.4 4x4

the rear RCA jacks are the sub control jacks according to Crutchfield.

But I wouldn't wire it the way you taked about.

Are you using an amp to power the front and rear speakers ( not including the sub. ???

If yes - a 2-channel or 4-channel?
no, as of right now, I am only powering my sub. im running a kicker 600.1. I was looking more in depth and on the back of the unit there is a front and rear rca output...so if I wire all the speakers properly through the harness and then the rca's for the amp in the rear output, I will have sub control with the head unit? I hope so
Old 11-15-2008, 10:01 PM
2006 F-150 5.4 4x4

dont get me wrong, I like crutchfield, I think they are a great company, but I feel that they are a little over-priced just for giving you a 20 dollar install kit and 10 dollar wiring adapter....yes customer service is great but they cant be there with you to install it. just do some research online (google is great) type in the part # you want and put discount on it and check out the sites that jump out at you.. I believe there were some sites selling for less than 340$ for mine, I went threw amazon and all the wiring and antenna adapters, I went to ebay. got a wiring kit with install trim pieces and antenna adapter all in one package for 25dollars. the internet is a huge swap meet with new stuff...search and bargain.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:48 PM

Yes - that should work as long as you wire the front and rear speakers without using the RCA jacks and you use the rear RCA jacks for the sub amp.

As for Crutchfield - I completely agree with you as prices go. They are high. I just like the fact that you can get everything in one place.

I have tried buying equipment from others online and have been burned before. I am a little leary of some of these companies on the internet.

I will try your sugestion and shop around before I buy. I am all for saving a little cash.

Thanks and I hope your install goes well. Let us know how you like the new head unit.

Quick Reply: PIONEER AVH-P4000 install problem