Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Pioneer Appradio 3 question

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer Appradio 3 question

I plan on replacing my stock HU with a new one. I also plan on getting subwoofers. Am I able to run my rear speakers and my subwoofer with the appradio?
Old 04-06-2014, 01:42 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by lifeisgood765
I plan on replacing my stock HU with a new one. I also plan on getting subwoofers. Am I able to run my rear speakers and my subwoofer with the appradio?
It has a 4 channel amp for front and rear. RCA outputs for a sub amp for your sub
Old 04-06-2014, 02:22 PM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

The 3 only has 2 sets of RCA's. The rear is selectable for rear/sub. Not to say that you could not split the RCA's to obtain full coverage but it will lead to less than desirable results.

For the record, the Appradio is "neat" but is a LOUSY implementation of smart phone interface. I highly recommend finding a real HU.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:27 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by troutspinner
The 3 only has 2 sets of RCA's. The rear is selectable for rear/sub. Not to say that you could not split the RCA's to obtain full coverage but it will lead to less than desirable results.

For the record, the Appradio is "neat" but is a LOUSY implementation of smart phone interface. I highly recommend finding a real HU.
+1. I had one once and it was a pain in the butt
Old 04-09-2014, 02:19 PM

Received 92 Likes on 73 Posts

So, stay away from Appradio. What would you recommend?
Old 04-09-2014, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Kytann
So, stay away from Appradio. What would you recommend?
Really depends on what you want. The reason I tried the Appradio in the beginning was because I wanted a navigation HU and it was the cheapest one available with a really nice screen. I quickly learned why it was so cheap, because it depends totally on the phone as it just mirrors the phone screen.....slowly. The radio also relied on a smartphone for almost everything else it did as well.

So what are you looking for? There are MANY choices but maybe I could suggest a starting point.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:37 AM

Really depends on what you want. The reason I tried the Appradio in the beginning was because I wanted a navigation HU and it was the cheapest one available with a really nice screen. I quickly learned why it was so cheap, because it depends totally on the phone as it just mirrors the phone screen.....slowly. The radio also relied on a smartphone for almost everything else it did as well.

So what are you looking for? There are MANY choices but maybe I could suggest a starting point.
Thanks for offering to suggest something.

Here's, for a quick list:
  • Double-Din
  • Android compatible
  • Bluetooth
  • Data Connection to phone over Bluetooth
  • Be able to run a Pandora App on the head unit for music, and have it pull data only through my bluetooth connection.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kytann
Thanks for offering to suggest something.

Here's, for a quick list:
  • Double-Din
  • Android compatible
  • Bluetooth
  • Data Connection to phone over Bluetooth
  • Be able to run a Pandora App on the head unit for music, and have it pull data only through my bluetooth connection.
Any of the new kenwood, pioneer, or even alpine head units should be able to do that but your looking at/over $1500 for those data type head units
Old 04-13-2014, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Its big dee36
Any of the new kenwood, pioneer, or even alpine head units should be able to do that but your looking at/over $1500 for those data type head units
Kytann started a new thread on this and I think he has since narrowed his choices. He is not looking for Nav so the prices are reasonable.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:27 PM

I did. Lenaing towards the Sony XAV-65 actually. Trying to figure out what all extra harnesses are needed. Like the Pac module, is that really needed with my Base radio?

Quick Reply: Pioneer Appradio 3 question