Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Pioneer Appradio 2 questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Automotive Refinish Tech

Received 1,747 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Default Pioneer Appradio 2 questions

A little background, my stock HU had been acting up recently. Goes in/out sometimes. I do have the 445u installed, but i know its not that. Its definitely something loose in the head unit itself.

Anyway i want to install a double din. I figure might as well get a nice one. So i was looking at the appradio 2. Seems to fit my needs. IPhone/Android compatible. Supposed to be able to run your apps from your phone thru it. I like that, as i primarily use my phones nav, and i use slacker/Pandora allot as well. I don't care about the lack of a cd player as I've only had a CD in my stock hu once in 2 years.

Here's my questions. Its ipod/phone ready out of the box. I have an old iPod 30gb classic, and a galaxy s2 Android phone. I was talking to a guy at best buy (i know, not always a reliable source). I'm not going to buy it there, but that's where i wanted to check it out. He was saying that i won't be able to run both. I have to choose. To run my phone thru it and use the apps from my phone, i need an expensive adapter kit. That's fine with me.

Now the question: if i set it up with my phone, can't i just use the aux input/headphone plug (like i do now) for my old iPod? And use both that way? He said it had both USB and an aux plug input on the back of it.

Also he said to use it with Android you need a $35 app!? This blew me away, I've never heard of an app that expensive.

Any info good or bad you may have well be helpful, even if you don't have an answer to my questions. Who knows, I may not even go with this HU depending in the answers/info i get.

Thanks guys
Old 06-11-2013, 03:48 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by mbullock
A little background, my stock HU had been acting up recently. Goes in/out sometimes. I do have the 445u installed, but i know its not that. Its definitely something loose in the head unit itself.

Anyway i want to install a double din. I figure might as well get a nice one. So i was looking at the appradio 2. Seems to fit my needs. IPhone/Android compatible. Supposed to be able to run your apps from your phone thru it. I like that, as i primarily use my phones nav, and i use slacker/Pandora allot as well. I don't care about the lack of a cd player as I've only had a CD in my stock hu once in 2 years.

Here's my questions. Its ipod/phone ready out of the box. I have an old iPod 30gb classic, and a galaxy s2 Android phone. I was talking to a guy at best buy (i know, not always a reliable source). I'm not going to buy it there, but that's where i wanted to check it out. He was saying that i won't be able to run both. I have to choose. To run my phone thru it and use the apps from my phone, i need an expensive adapter kit. That's fine with me.

Now the question: if i set it up with my phone, can't i just use the aux input/headphone plug (like i do now) for my old iPod? And use both that way? He said it had both USB and an aux plug input on the back of it.

Also he said to use it with Android you need a $35 app!? This blew me away, I've never heard of an app that expensive.

Any info good or bad you may have well be helpful, even if you don't have an answer to my questions. Who knows, I may not even go with this HU depending in the answers/info i get.

Thanks guys
Check out www.avic411.com for all your answers
The following users liked this post:
21RRF150 (06-11-2013)
Old 06-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Automotive Refinish Tech

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab

Check out www.avic411.com for all your answers
Wow, that's awesome, thank you
Old 06-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Automotive Refinish Tech

So after reading all the posts on that website (thank you again wyo11scab), I have decided this is not the right stereo for me.

Currently entertaining the idea of the Android 6.2" double din unit
Old 06-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Automotive Refinish Tech

Ok I'm bumping this because i don't want to start a new thread. Any good suggestions for a double din head unit? All i really want to do is use my phones nav(google maps) through it when i need to, I can live without using my other apps. Is this even possible?
Old 06-15-2013, 11:27 AM
Automotive Refinish Tech

Bump
Old 06-15-2013, 01:21 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Alpine 927 hd I've installed several without issue. The tune ability is second to none and the Mac is on par with garmin for ease of use.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:30 PM
Automotive Refinish Tech

Originally Posted by li'l red95
Alpine 927 hd I've installed several without issue. The tune ability is second to none and the Mac is on par with garmin for ease of use.
That looks awesome...at $1000 though...idk haha!
Old 06-15-2013, 04:06 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mbullock

That looks awesome...at $1000 though...idk haha!
I know the price tag is a bit daunting. But do it right the first time and you won't regret it later.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:36 PM
Automotive Refinish Tech

Originally Posted by li'l red95

I know the price tag is a bit daunting. But do it right the first time and you won't regret it later.
Haha! Well see...i do have 2 jobs...the wife will be hard to convince haha!

Quick Reply: Pioneer Appradio 2 questions