Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Phone calls not working through SYNC after installing amp and sub

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 08:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Phone calls not working through SYNC after installing amp and sub

First - please forgive me if this topic has been addressed elsewhere on the forum! I searched the forum for quite some time and cannot seem to find an answer to my particular situation:

I recently installed a 12" JL Audio sub and Rockford Fosgate door speaker replacements along with an Alpine amp and JL Audio FIX unit to integrate into the system. I followed another poster's wire schematic and instructions and the music played through the factory SYNC system (Sony system originally) sounds AMAZING!!!

Here is the issue - for some reason, when I place/receive a phone call through SYNC, it connects to the phone but there isn't any sound coming through the speakers.

I did not tap into the tweeters or center channel speaker on the Sony amplifier wires for purposes of the door speaker amplification at the Alpine Amplifier (only the door speaker wires).

I'm hoping I just missed something weird...ANY suggestions/help is greatly appreciated!!!
Old 01-29-2017, 03:45 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by tashasman
First - please forgive me if this topic has been addressed elsewhere on the forum! I searched the forum for quite some time and cannot seem to find an answer to my particular situation:

I recently installed a 12" JL Audio sub and Rockford Fosgate door speaker replacements along with an Alpine amp and JL Audio FIX unit to integrate into the system. I followed another poster's wire schematic and instructions and the music played through the factory SYNC system (Sony system originally) sounds AMAZING!!!

Here is the issue - for some reason, when I place/receive a phone call through SYNC, it connects to the phone but there isn't any sound coming through the speakers.

I did not tap into the tweeters or center channel speaker on the Sony amplifier wires for purposes of the door speaker amplification at the Alpine Amplifier (only the door speaker wires).

I'm hoping I just missed something weird...ANY suggestions/help is greatly appreciated!!!
Did you run everything off the Sony amp under the console? You needed to run everything including the tweeters into the Fix.

Last edited by Wyo11Scab; 01-29-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:58 PM
Mass Effect

Received 84 Likes on 66 Posts

We've got a good discussion going on over at the DIY Mobile Audio forum. I'm learning quite a bit about my non-Sony system but the OP and other guys in that thread are working with the Sony system and may be able to help you out.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...tegration.html
The following users liked this post:
Wyo11Scab (01-30-2017)
Old 05-26-2019, 08:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Same problem but non sony

Could you provide the link for the non Sony solution
Old 05-27-2019, 06:24 AM

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,143 Posts

same here.. i was going to try and fix this with bypassing my DSP for my rear channel to see if that worked
Old 05-27-2019, 10:20 AM

Default Phone not working

Tonight I’ll try doing a master reset and disconnect the battery for a while and see what that does. I also noticed that the steering wheel buttons were not working so this leads me to think it’s a can bus issue.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:41 PM

Received 1,210 Likes on 875 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter Gosenya
Tonight I’ll try doing a master reset and disconnect the battery for a while and see what that does. I also noticed that the steering wheel buttons were not working so this leads me to think it’s a can bus issue.
Please state the year and model of your truck.
Old 05-27-2019, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by dhmcfadin
Please state the year and model of your truck.
I thought that was in my signature but maybe I need to fix that
its a 16 xlt screw 302a non sony or kicker
added 12”sub and jl 500x1 from rear factory harness and used the parrot t harness to run 4ch alpine. Music sounds great no hiss or whine just the phone problem
Old 05-27-2019, 06:48 PM

Well a master reset and power cycle brought the steering wheel buttons back to life but I still don’t have any phone speaker. I just noticed I don’t have sync speaker either. I can barely hear something coming through the subs but that’s it.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:19 PM

Well a master reset and power cycle brought the steering wheel buttons back to life but I still don’t have any phone speaker. I just noticed I don’t have sync speaker either. I can barely hear something coming through the subs but that’s it.
Fixed it. I feel dumb I had all 4 channels on the amp looking at the rear ch for signal.
The following users liked this post:
nineball (05-28-2019)