Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

PAC ms-frd1 problem/who has gotten rid of sync?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 08:31 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default PAC ms-frd1 problem/who has gotten rid of sync?

Okay so if you have the front speakers amplified on your vehicle you cannot keep sync if you use the ms-frd1, the unit will power down you hu and will cut out the back speakers and while sync will work you can not hear it. This sucks as I found this out last night right as I was buttoning everything back up soooo...who has gotten rid of sync and is anyone using pioneer Bluetooth as I heard how the 80 prs sounded and to be honest with you it blows the stocl hu out of the water but I love bluetooth and I don't want to lose the great Bluetooth
Old 11-28-2012, 10:33 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by bigfx
Okay so if you have the front speakers amplified on your vehicle you cannot keep sync if you use the ms-frd1, the unit will power down you hu and will cut out the back speakers and while sync will work you can not hear it. This sucks as I found this out last night right as I was buttoning everything back up soooo...who has gotten rid of sync and is anyone using pioneer Bluetooth as I heard how the 80 prs sounded and to be honest with you it blows the stocl hu out of the water but I love bluetooth and I don't want to lose the great Bluetooth
There is a brown wire on the MS-FRD1 that needs to be cut. Call PAC and they will tell you which wire because there are 2. Then your HU will not power down.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:06 AM

Yeah but will it play through the front speakers if I have all my audio run through an amplifier connected to the radios rca jacks and I have run all new speaker wire to them? Basically will it work with the audio from just the rca?
Old 11-28-2012, 02:16 PM

Just got off the phone with pac I have to run a loc from the front speaker leads to my amp for it to work so if your using an amp that's the only way
Old 11-28-2012, 04:20 PM

Just got off the phone with pac I have to run a loc from the front speaker leads to my amp for it to work so if your using an amp that's the only way
Glad you got it figured out
Old 11-29-2012, 08:11 AM

Yeah I'm returning everything I'm not going to pay a bunch of money for a new head unit and end up essentially running it through an loc
Old 11-29-2012, 10:34 AM

Yeah I'm returning everything I'm not going to pay a bunch of money for a new head unit and end up essentially running it through an loc
That is probably why most just use the BT on their new HU and forget about SYNC
Old 04-15-2013, 03:36 PM

Received 540 Likes on 449 Posts

is there an issue with retaining SYNC by running the AOEM-FRD24 to run 2 amps....one for component set in front doors and one for subs

Quick Reply: PAC ms-frd1 problem/who has gotten rid of sync?