Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Pac aoem frd24

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 07:08 PM

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Pac aoem frd24

What did you all pay for it? And where or what website do you all recommend I buy it from? My wife asked what she could get me for Xmas that is small. (Funds are a little tight) Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Mudweiser
Old 12-09-2012, 09:17 PM

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

If thats the one that has to left and right front and rear outputs, then I got mine at newegg for $39.75 with free shipping. Best deal I could find. Here is the link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA0ZA09M7198
Old 12-09-2012, 09:52 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I got mine from amazon. Never used it. I made my own. Will sell you mine shipped for 30 bucks. Its still in the shipping box. Just pm me if your intersted.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:11 AM

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by PondJumper
I got mine from amazon. Never used it. I made my own. Will sell you mine shipped for 30 bucks. Its still in the shipping box. Just pm me if your intersted.
Why did you order one but then make your own?
Old 12-10-2012, 10:42 AM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Using a Hi/Lo converter will cause you to sacrifice a little bit of audio quality. At the time I ordered it I was on the fence about making an adapter myself. I ordered the PAC as a backup plan. By the time the PAC unit arrived I had finished making my own. To my surprise it actually worked. It worked well, so I saved the PAC in case I needed it.

I've had it for about a year now with no issues. I can send you pics and instructions if you want. It took me an entire afternoon to make, and cost of supplies were about the same as the PAC. I had to buy a Soldering Iron, two DPDT relays, a transistor, and a diode from Radio Shack, but already had plenty of spare wire.

I've been using it with my Pioneer P4300 head unit and a RF 400 watt amp this whole time. I made a thread about it, but of course it was about a year ago. I can't take full credit. I met a guy named "I'm an Idiot" on an installer forum. He sent me emails with diagrams and tips. I spent a long time searching for a way to make everything (aftermarket HU, Amp, etc.) work without losing Sync, and this worked well for me.

After all is said and done, the PAC would have been simpler I suppose. If you have little experience with wiring stereos, I wouldn't recommend making your own, but I'd be glad to sell the PAC or give you tips on making your own, either way man. I guess I should mention the adapter I made will only be of use if you are replacing the OEM Stereo. You will need the pre-out audio wires from you Aftermarket Stereo, which the OEM model will not have.

Here is a bad pic of the one I made before I put the cover on it.

Last edited by PondJumper; 12-10-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:22 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by PondJumper
Mudwiser buy this one. It's a good deal.

Quick Reply: Pac aoem frd24