Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

For the One Millionth Time.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 07:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default For the One Millionth Time.

Ok. I know the answer is here somewhere but I just can't seem to find it to save my life. I have a 2012 FX2 Supercrew with the Premium Sound System that has the A-pillar mounted tweeters. I am looking to add an amp (Memphis PR 100.4) so that I can get better sound from the door speakers. At the moment I have Rockford Fosgate R1682 6x8's in the rear doors and am undecided on the fronts. What I am looking for is a harness(es) that will give me RCA line outs for my amp. Then I want to run speaker wire back to harness and use the factory harness to send the amp'd signal to the speakers without having to run speaker wire to each individual speaker. Any and all information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Get the PAC AOEM-FRD24. It will plug in between your radio and the truck harness. This gives you your RCAs and a remote turn on lead to run to the amp. You can either run new speaker wires from the amp to your speakers or tie in between the truck harness and the PAC. I cut the wires for the speakers going to the harness (coming from the PAC) and spliced there, therefore using the factory wires to the speakers. I have two Alpine amps, one 4 channel and a mono for the sub.

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=28
Old 08-25-2013, 02:33 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by zeke7142003
Get the PAC AOEM-FRD24. It will plug in between your radio and the truck harness. This gives you your RCAs and a remote turn on lead to run to the amp. You can either run new speaker wires from the amp to your speakers or tie in between the truck harness and the PAC. I cut the wires for the speakers going to the harness (coming from the PAC) and spliced there, therefore using the factory wires to the speakers. I have two Alpine amps, one 4 channel and a mono for the sub.

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=28
It won't work with the Sony sound. Not sure what he means "Premium Sound"
Old 08-25-2013, 11:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've read about the Pac Harness. Looks like the the way to go.
In 2012 Ford added the A-pillar mounted tweeters to their 6 disc audio setup but without the sub and center channel speaker and called it "Premium". It's actually a good thing in that I can buy aftermarket components and don't have to drill for the tweeters. As far as the sub goes, I installed a double ended Bazooka with an 8" driver on both ends. Sounds great and fits under the rear seat with less that 2 inches sticking out.

Quick Reply: For the One Millionth Time.