Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

official stealthbox thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 08:00 PM

Received 665 Likes on 517 Posts

Default official stealthbox thread

I need some opinions on the JL Audio Stealthbox. Anyone who has had one please chime in and tell your experience with it. I am looking at one for under my backseat in a 07 Screw. I'm not looking to get a new amp right now, so I will be running a 800W Kenwood to it. I would be running it off a Pioneer AVH-3300BT headunit, with Kenwood components in the front doors, and Infinity coaxials in the rears.
I have always been a 12" sub kind of guy. I previously ran two ALpine twelves in my Ranger, and it was real loud. WHat can I expect from this one 10" JL? I'm getting it for dirt cheap($175), so I guess if it's not what I am after, I can do a seat lift with a custom box later on.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:18 PM
Auburn Grad 07'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running a Stealthbox under the rear seat of my 07' FX4 Screw and I love it. I'm running an Alpine "digital" PDX-2.150 amp bridged into it. I like it because it's easy to install, it fits well, it sounds good, and I don't have to worry about blowing it up. The only drawback I had when I bought it new was that it was a little pricey; but clearly that's not a problem in your case.

If you install it correctly and spend a little time tuning it, getting the crossover frequency right, and volume set to balance with the rest of your system I think you'll love it.

I listen to a little of everything from rock, classic rock, country, hip hop, jazz, pop, etc and I haven't found a weakness yet. You're not going to win any competitions with it but for $175 you should be more than happy.

Just my 2¢. Enjoy
Old 10-24-2011, 05:52 PM

Received 665 Likes on 517 Posts

I ended up picking it up over the weekend. Super easy install. I am pretty impressed with the sound from that little 10. I do have to do some fine tuning yet, the bass is a little overpowering right now. But, I have to say it sounds pretty powerful with the 800W bridged to it. I'm thinking about blowing up the JL and trying to see if I can get a dB sub to fit in there.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:53 PM
KRANCHO07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I recently picked up a used stealth box and I have two questions... I have it running of a rockford fosgate amp it's this one:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ch-P500-2.html

I am running the system off of my factory head unit, does anyone have any experience with this set up and where I should have all the settings on the amp?

Also, the stealthbox was missing the hardware to mount it to the seat brackets. So there is two holes in the box where the screws go and it's making a whistling noise when the sub hits.... does anyone know what size bolts go in those holes so I can grab some from the hardware store?

Quick Reply: official stealthbox thread