Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Occational Crackeling!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 12:27 PM

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Occational Crackeling!

I am getting an occational crackeling noise from my speakers. I just installed the Pioneer 6x8 3-ways maybe 2-3 months ago. I didn't have any tools other than a crew driver and other tools to remove the door panel and install the speakers. I am assuming it is the wire connection to the speakers. Its only the front speakers that I notice it from. Has anyone else had this issue? I am going to remove the panels tomorrow and check the connections. I have a crimper took to really make sure the connection is good.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:51 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Mudweiser
I am getting an occational crackeling noise from my speakers. I just installed the Pioneer 6x8 3-ways maybe 2-3 months ago. I didn't have any tools other than a crew driver and other tools to remove the door panel and install the speakers. I am assuming it is the wire connection to the speakers. Its only the front speakers that I notice it from. Has anyone else had this issue? I am going to remove the panels tomorrow and check the connections. I have a crimper took to really make sure the connection is good.

Solder the speaker wire to the speakers or use speaker adapters. Is that all you did was replace the speakers?
Old 12-07-2012, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
Solder the speaker wire to the speakers or use speaker adapters. Is that all you did was replace the speakers?
Yep, I stopped by Crutchfield the last time I was in Charlottesville and picked up a set of Pioneer 3-Way 6x8s for both front and rear. They gave me the speaker adapters that I would need. I didn't have a crimper to crimp the speaker adapters to the speakers. I'm pretty sure that is all that is wrong.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:59 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Mudweiser
Yep, I stopped by Crutchfield the last time I was in Charlottesville and picked up a set of Pioneer 3-Way 6x8s for both front and rear. They gave me the speaker adapters that I would need. I didn't have a crimper to crimp the speaker adapters to the speakers. I'm pretty sure that is all that is wrong.
Sometimes the crimp connectors are a little loose fitting. I use a regular pair of pliers to tighten them a bit before I slide them on.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
Sometimes the crimp connectors are a little loose fitting. I use a regular pair of pliers to tighten them a bit before I slide them on.
I may try that, I noticed this morning on my three block drive to work that the sound will go in and out on my front driverside speaker. I have to do something, its driving me nuts.

Quick Reply: Occational Crackeling!