Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

NU FRD1 Factory Radio bypass module

Old 10-26-2011, 12:15 PM
Senior almost

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default NU FRD1 Factory Radio bypass module

So this whole thing began with wanting to add a front mounted camera to help with parking. I contacted Coastal tech and they said the fact I had a factory camera meant there equipment would not work as advertised to add a front camera. So I looked some more and found PAC Nu FRD1 which also does not do anything the coastal tech will do if I have a factory camera. But I wanted to play with the Nu Frd1 and see what it would do. The cost of 199.99 made it outof the gate 50 dollars less. Now comes the fun [art the install.... NOw I have the FX4 Lux package and thats great until you have to take out the factory radio. My brilliant idea was I added the USB2 and figuered I can get to the Radio from the top also,, NOT...
To take out the radio you have to remove the center console then the side panels and finally the radio cover and then the radio. The radio for me is the Sony Nav, mutli piece assembly radio. The screen is one piece the sync is another the dvd player is another. You have to remove the base unit to get to the wires behind to plug the PAC module in line with the radio. So after about 3 hours removing parts I finally got to the back and plug everything in. Then reassmebly 3 hours later and one missing screw I still can not find, it is back together... The unit works and does add features such as being able to have the passenger key in addresses while driving. It also plays DVD while driving but I have not tested this feature. It lets you look at the backup camera while moving also, nice to do when towing. So now i have to get the two cameras working to one platform DVR so I can record while in motion... More soon....

Last edited by 2010FX4F150GILROY; 08-11-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:59 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Dude that sounds like a nightmare. Hats off for going there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NU FRD1 Factory Radio bypass module