Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

No Sound

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Sound

Hey all

I just took the Pioneer Nav unit out of my 11 FX2 with Sony sound to reinstall the factory head unit. Previous owner installed the Pioneer so I didn't have the original but I got one off Ebay I believe is correct. I got it all back together, everything works except there is no sound! Any ideas on where to start? I checked all the fuses and tried disconnecting the battery and still nothing. Does anyone have the pin readouts for what each wire is for on that unit?
Old 07-06-2016, 07:40 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by flyby763
Hey all

I just took the Pioneer Nav unit out of my 11 FX2 with Sony sound to reinstall the factory head unit. Previous owner installed the Pioneer so I didn't have the original but I got one off Ebay I believe is correct. I got it all back together, everything works except there is no sound! Any ideas on where to start? I checked all the fuses and tried disconnecting the battery and still nothing. Does anyone have the pin readouts for what each wire is for on that unit?
Can't switch out the Sony HU. It provides the Sony amp with a digital signal. The amp then converts the signal to analog for the speakers. I am surprised you got a dash kit??
Old 07-06-2016, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
Can't switch out the Sony HU. It provides the Sony amp with a digital signal. The amp then converts the signal to analog for the speakers. I am surprised you got a dash kit??
Im not following what you are saying. I bought it with the pioneer head unit in it and it worked fine but I now want to switch back to the factory head unit. Is it possible the Sony amp was replaced? Factory harnesses seem to be intact
Old 07-07-2016, 07:16 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by flyby763
Im not following what you are saying. I bought it with the pioneer head unit in it and it worked fine but I now want to switch back to the factory head unit. Is it possible the Sony amp was replaced? Factory harnesses seem to be intact
OK. Possible on the amp. Only way to find out is to look under the console
Old 07-08-2016, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
OK. Possible on the amp. Only way to find out is to look under the console
Amps are factory. Anyone have a picture showing the wiring into the connectors on the back of the headunit?

Quick Reply: No Sound