Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

New Truck Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 11:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default New Truck Stereo

I'm lease my trucks, my lease is about up, and I'm looking into new trucks. My current truck is a 2008 SuperCrew Lariat, and everything stereo is aftermarket. I have a JVC dual-din DVD/iPod touchscreen deck with Bluetooth and Rear-View camera setup, and Infinity Kappa 5x7 component speakers, running off a JL 4-channel amp, and a Diamond D3 12" sub running off of a JL 500/1. Needless to say, my current setup is pretty sweet . I am an audiophile, and also a musician, so I really pay attention to crispness, screaming guitars, and powerful drums!

The truck I am looking to start a new lease on has the Navigation system setup. I really like that because it already has a dual din DVD deck, supports iPod, rear view camera, and iterfaces with the whole truck. But the "700 watt Sony Sound System" blows. I have looked at Crutchfield to see what fits and I'm not quite seeing what to do if you already have some integrated components like those speakers and that sub. My local car audio shop I work with has done integration units before where you take the existing car stereo system, and basically add out-board devices to control subs, EQ, phasing, crossovers, yadda yadda yadda. But even he hasn't worked with this trucks before, so he's not too sure either. What have some of you done about the new stereo's in the new 2011 F150's?

Quick Reply: New Truck Stereo