Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

New Truck Coming

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Truck Coming

I ordered and am about to receive my new F-15- SCrew and need some audio help.
I want to replace the factory speakers in the front and rear door and add a subwoofer. I didn't get the Sony upgrade package because I want to be able to unplug the sub and remove it easily when I need to. I need suggestions on replacement door speakers, sub boxes for a single sub under the rear passenger seat side, sub, amp, and where to put the amp.
I am 50-somthing and don't want to ruin the hearing I have left, just add some good low end and sweeten the mids/highs.
HELP !!
Old 02-15-2010, 02:44 PM

What year truck? Sounds like you are getting an 2009-10 f150. Do you have a price range? You can look into 5x7 or most 6x8(not 6x9) to fit the door speakers. Something that is 4 ohm so it will work with the factory head unit. You can search for 10" sub boxes that fit your truck, most go on the driver side for single speaker. If you go with a sealed box they take up less room then a ported box. Some members here can point you in the right direction for that.

For my setup, I am using Infinity Kappa 6x8 components(seperate woofer and tweeter) for the front, 6x8 2-way for the rear. These are going to be run by a 4 channel amp, since they are shown as 2 ohm speakers and they are 90-100 watts RMS. My sub is going to be a JL audio 10" powered by another amp.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:31 AM

Thanks a bunch. Not an 09 but a brand new 10 SuperCrew Lariet. Where did you mount your seperate mids/tweeters up front and how? Price range is questionable. Just want something that sounds better than whizzer cone speakers. Maybe even something that would work with the factory head unit without a seperate amp up front. Where did you mount your amp up front and what kind did you buy? Was there a plug in for the amp to go in line or did you have to splice?
What brand of speakers did you put in the back?
I found lots of sub boxes but wanted some opinions from members on maker, price, fit and sound. Where did you mount your sub amp and what kind?

Quick Reply: New Truck Coming