Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

New speakers and amp suggestions for 2010 screw

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New speakers and amp suggestions for 2010 screw

I am ready to upgrade my system. I have the Sony nav system. I want to keep the head unit. I would like to have everyones suggestions for front and rear speakers, four channel amp, sub, sub amp. I am not limited by a budget but I don't want to waste money especially since I am keeping the Sony nave head unit. I was also thinking of using a req-5 but am open for suggestions. I am fifty years old so I don't need a ton of base but I want enough. I would like to keep some under seat storage . I was thinking about a single 10" sub with a custom box that only takes up part of the under seat space. What are your suggestions with model numbers.

Thanks so much for your help.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you want to save a lot of money, don't bother with rear speakers. That saves you the expense of the speakers and a couple channels of amplification. You can run the whole thing off a single four channel amp. That saves you space and wiring expense also.

Since space is a concern and high output is not, a single 8" sub might be the way to go. An 8 can probably be run ported in the space under half the rear seat which would help the bottom end output a little more and prove more than adequate for normal listening for most people.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wanted to try one more time. I am new to the stereo upgrade world. I have spent a great deal of time trying to research and now I have decided I want to upgrade my 2010 Platinum Sony Nav System. For the same reasons everyone else uses, I want to keep the Sony HU. I would like as much advice as I can get as to what specific brand and/or model numbers any of you would suggest for speakers, sub and amps. I don't want to limit the budget, but I don't want to waste money by paying for more than I need, especialy since I am not replacing the HU.

Please give me your thoughts. I recognize that it will take a custom sub box. I also am planning on mounting the amps on the wall behind the rear seat. I will spice into the wiring at the door sill as suggested in several threads.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Quick Reply: New speakers and amp suggestions for 2010 screw