Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

New Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 01:33 PM

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Default New Speakers

alright guys i need some help with audio, my bud has a 97 extended cab and he wants to replace the sh!tty stock speakers with some that will make his music sound good, he wants something that will bump decent but he doesnt want to spend alot of money on it, he has the factory deck and i think the speakers are 6x8's all the way around (correct me of im wrong), what do yall suggest for a simple speaker swap????
Old 04-30-2009, 02:11 PM
American Muscle

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I have done 2 speaker swaps with kenwoods...They will not give you much bump or anything, but the music is clear and crisp and no distortion when played loud, If you want "bump" from a speaker, you're gonna have to spend some cash, otherwise you would have to get a sup...
Old 05-01-2009, 04:36 PM

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

anybody else????
Old 05-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

components are the only way to go..you will have to do some fab work to get them to fit (make a bracket for the speaker) and cut a hole for the tweeter but its more than worth it..simply the best sound you can get

www.woofersetc.com i believe cdt components are on sale, i havnt looked at that site in a while so if there not get some kicker ks, phoenix gold rsd or re audio re components on ebay...there really good

Quick Reply: New Speakers