Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

New speakers for '04

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 10:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default New speakers for '04

I am looking for some ideas for some new speakers for my 04 Scab. I don't want a sub or anything because I use the space under my seats for storage. I am looking for something to just sound a little better than stock. I am not looking for something with a ton of bass or anything. I work at a place that sells car audio so I can get a good deal through work. I want to keep the stock head unit.

Any ideas?

Edit: I am an idiot when it comes to speakers. I plan on having my work install them unless it is pretty much a plug and play situation. Explain things like you are telling them to your grandma haha.

Last edited by SchuLace; 02-24-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:33 AM
First Tiger of G.R.O.S.S.

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

You can buy a speaker harness:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-uaWNhig...Harnesses.html

This plugs into your factory harness and then into the aftermarket speaker directly, making wiring a snap.
The hardest part is taking the doors off, which there are plenty of instructions online if you do a search for how to do it.

As far as what speakers to get, I would recommend getting 2-ways that fit in the stock location as this will be the easiest to mount. You can go to crutchfield's website, put in your vehicle, and it will tell you what fits and what doesn't. From there you need to find something that most matches what your stock Head Unit puts out.

I believe you are looking for something with a 4 ohm load, that takes between 25-45W of RMS power, has a relatively good dB response (upper 80s, lower 90s), and a frequency response of the main cone down to at least 65-70hz.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:33 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Virtually any 6x8 will work, front doors you can just pop off the grill and switch them out, rears you'll need to pull the door panel. Shoot for something with a sensitivity in the 90s to help make up for the weak output (10-15W RMS) of the stock stereo.

I'd be willing to bet you can find a better set online for a better price than you can get with your discount. Check out Sonicelectronix.com and woofersetc.com.

Quick Reply: New speakers for '04