Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

New sound system opinions

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 04:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New sound system opinions

Hello everyone. I wanna upgrade my sound system and I would like everyone's opinions. Im looking at (2) kicker 10" cvt104. They are rated at 800w max & 400rms 4ohm. The front door speakers will have infinity 6830cs components with the tweeters mounted by the side view mirrors. The rear doors will have infinity REF 8602cfx. I will run the mids & highs off of a Rockford fosgate R400-4D. And will run the subs off of a Hifonics BRX 1100.1D and also I'm going to separate everything with a 3way crossover. I currently have a pioneer head unit but will also upgrade that to a pioneer double din unit later. The sub box I have is a up firing shallow mount box for my 2000 F-150 ext cab. But I'm thinking if switching to a down firing box I saw on supercrew sound. I don't wanna raise the seat at all, that's why I like the shallow mount subs & box. I mainly listen to rap/hip-hop. And I don't have a big budget but I want to be able to feel the music when I crank it up!! Let me know what the rest if you guys are running. All and any opinions and info are greatly appreciated.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:06 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by BigJ23
Hello everyone. I wanna upgrade my sound system and I would like everyone's opinions. Im looking at (2) kicker 10" cvt104. They are rated at 800w max & 400rms 4ohm. The front door speakers will have infinity 6830cs components with the tweeters mounted by the side view mirrors. The rear doors will have infinity REF 8602cfx. I will run the mids & highs off of a Rockford fosgate R400-4D. And will run the subs off of a Hifonics BRX 1100.1D and also I'm going to separate everything with a 3way crossover. I currently have a pioneer head unit but will also upgrade that to a pioneer double din unit later. The sub box I have is a up firing shallow mount box for my 2000 F-150 ext cab. But I'm thinking if switching to a down firing box I saw on supercrew sound. I don't wanna raise the seat at all, that's why I like the shallow mount subs & box. I mainly listen to rap/hip-hop. And I don't have a big budget but I want to be able to feel the music when I crank it up!! Let me know what the rest if you guys are running. All and any opinions and info are greatly appreciated.
Sounds good. What kind of 3 way crossover do you plan on using?
Old 04-16-2014, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
Sounds good. What kind of 3 way crossover do you plan on using?
Its a audiopipe 3way crossover with bass control ****.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Im running Kicker Comp S 10's in a down firing box off of a 300watt mono Kicker amp. I didnt have to raise my back seat at all.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:25 PM
"Lifted"

Received 223 Likes on 200 Posts

You've got to match your supercrew sound box to your subs... The wrong airspace and your bass will sound terrible...

Went with RE Audio SRX 10's and a fox acoustic box... Subs are loud and deep... Box didnt hold up good... My next box will be custom built specifically for my next sub...

My doors are JL Audio... Definitely no issues there...

The right enclosure will make or break you... Good luck
Old 04-17-2014, 10:53 AM

Its a audiopipe 3way crossover with bass control ****.
Other than having a bass control **** I don't see any advantage of using it. The HU will give you the crossover points you need.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:05 AM

Other than having a bass control **** I don't see any advantage of using it. The HU will give you the crossover points you need.
But the head unit only has bass/treble controls. Doesn't the 3way crossover have the ability to control everything to each speaker & sub?
Old 04-17-2014, 11:13 AM

But the head unit only has bass/treble controls. Doesn't the 3way crossover have the ability to control everything to each speaker & sub?
There is s sub level control in the HU
Old 04-17-2014, 11:24 AM

There is s sub level control in the HU
Well maybe I need to upgrade my head unit because the only functions I've seen are fade/bal, bass/treble, loudness, tuner, aux, usb, cd, & mute. It's a basic head unit. But line I said I was planning I
on getting a double din HU w/ nav, Bluetooth, & back up camera functions.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:57 PM

Well maybe I need to upgrade my head unit because the only functions I've seen are fade/bal, bass/treble, loudness, tuner, aux, usb, cd, & mute. It's a basic head unit. But line I said I was planning I
on getting a double din HU w/ nav, Bluetooth, & back up camera functions.
It would be in the menu like where you setup the bluetooth, etc.

Quick Reply: New sound system opinions