Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation > Stereo/Audio
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2014, 04:58 PM   #1
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
BigJ23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Fl
Posts: 188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default New sound system opinions

Hello everyone. I wanna upgrade my sound system and I would like everyone's opinions. Im looking at (2) kicker 10" cvt104. They are rated at 800w max & 400rms 4ohm. The front door speakers will have infinity 6830cs components with the tweeters mounted by the side view mirrors. The rear doors will have infinity REF 8602cfx. I will run the mids & highs off of a Rockford fosgate R400-4D. And will run the subs off of a Hifonics BRX 1100.1D and also I'm going to separate everything with a 3way crossover. I currently have a pioneer head unit but will also upgrade that to a pioneer double din unit later. The sub box I have is a up firing shallow mount box for my 2000 F-150 ext cab. But I'm thinking if switching to a down firing box I saw on supercrew sound. I don't wanna raise the seat at all, that's why I like the shallow mount subs & box. I mainly listen to rap/hip-hop. And I don't have a big budget but I want to be able to feel the music when I crank it up!! Let me know what the rest if you guys are running. All and any opinions and info are greatly appreciated.
BigJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:06 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Casper, WY.
Posts: 1,811
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 28
Thanked 118 Times in 114 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJ23 View Post
Hello everyone. I wanna upgrade my sound system and I would like everyone's opinions. Im looking at (2) kicker 10" cvt104. They are rated at 800w max & 400rms 4ohm. The front door speakers will have infinity 6830cs components with the tweeters mounted by the side view mirrors. The rear doors will have infinity REF 8602cfx. I will run the mids & highs off of a Rockford fosgate R400-4D. And will run the subs off of a Hifonics BRX 1100.1D and also I'm going to separate everything with a 3way crossover. I currently have a pioneer head unit but will also upgrade that to a pioneer double din unit later. The sub box I have is a up firing shallow mount box for my 2000 F-150 ext cab. But I'm thinking if switching to a down firing box I saw on supercrew sound. I don't wanna raise the seat at all, that's why I like the shallow mount subs & box. I mainly listen to rap/hip-hop. And I don't have a big budget but I want to be able to feel the music when I crank it up!! Let me know what the rest if you guys are running. All and any opinions and info are greatly appreciated.
Sounds good. What kind of 3 way crossover do you plan on using?
__________________
2014 Tuxedo Black F150 XLT Scab 4x4 w/5.0 with SCT tune. JVC's in doors. 2 - 10" Kenwood subs under rear seat powered by JL Audio amp
Wyo11Scab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:11 AM   #3
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
BigJ23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Fl
Posts: 188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab View Post
Sounds good. What kind of 3 way crossover do you plan on using?
Its a audiopipe 3way crossover with bass control ****.
BigJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:18 PM   #4
Member
 
lebomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Im running Kicker Comp S 10's in a down firing box off of a 300watt mono Kicker amp. I didnt have to raise my back seat at all.
__________________
2012 F-150 XLT Supercab (3.7 L V6)
2x Kicker Comp S 10, Kicker KS and CS Coaxials, Kicker 300w Mono Amp
Pendaliner
265/70/17 Cooper Discoverer ATPs
lebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:25 PM   #5
"Lifted"
 
KingRanch4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 10,336
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Thanks: 85
Thanked 220 Times in 197 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Default

You've got to match your supercrew sound box to your subs... The wrong airspace and your bass will sound terrible...

Went with RE Audio SRX 10's and a fox acoustic box... Subs are loud and deep... Box didnt hold up good... My next box will be custom built specifically for my next sub...

My doors are JL Audio... Definitely no issues there...

The right enclosure will make or break you... Good luck
__________________
2007 King Ranch Rancho 4", 325/50/22 Nitto Trails, 22X10 KMC Rockstars, Edge Gryphon CS, S&B CAI, Raptor Running boards, RE Audio SRX 10's...
http://www.f150forum.com/f78/kingran...thread-164930/
KingRanch4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:53 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Casper, WY.
Posts: 1,811
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 28
Thanked 118 Times in 114 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJ23 View Post
Its a audiopipe 3way crossover with bass control ****.
Other than having a bass control **** I don't see any advantage of using it. The HU will give you the crossover points you need.
__________________
2014 Tuxedo Black F150 XLT Scab 4x4 w/5.0 with SCT tune. JVC's in doors. 2 - 10" Kenwood subs under rear seat powered by JL Audio amp
Wyo11Scab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:05 AM   #7
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
BigJ23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Fl
Posts: 188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab View Post
Other than having a bass control **** I don't see any advantage of using it. The HU will give you the crossover points you need.
But the head unit only has bass/treble controls. Doesn't the 3way crossover have the ability to control everything to each speaker & sub?
BigJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:13 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Casper, WY.
Posts: 1,811
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 28
Thanked 118 Times in 114 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJ23 View Post
But the head unit only has bass/treble controls. Doesn't the 3way crossover have the ability to control everything to each speaker & sub?
There is s sub level control in the HU
__________________
2014 Tuxedo Black F150 XLT Scab 4x4 w/5.0 with SCT tune. JVC's in doors. 2 - 10" Kenwood subs under rear seat powered by JL Audio amp
Wyo11Scab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:24 AM   #9
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
BigJ23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Fl
Posts: 188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab View Post
There is s sub level control in the HU
Well maybe I need to upgrade my head unit because the only functions I've seen are fade/bal, bass/treble, loudness, tuner, aux, usb, cd, & mute. It's a basic head unit. But line I said I was planning I
on getting a double din HU w/ nav, Bluetooth, & back up camera functions.
BigJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:57 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Casper, WY.
Posts: 1,811
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 28
Thanked 118 Times in 114 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJ23 View Post
Well maybe I need to upgrade my head unit because the only functions I've seen are fade/bal, bass/treble, loudness, tuner, aux, usb, cd, & mute. It's a basic head unit. But line I said I was planning I
on getting a double din HU w/ nav, Bluetooth, & back up camera functions.
It would be in the menu like where you setup the bluetooth, etc.
__________________
2014 Tuxedo Black F150 XLT Scab 4x4 w/5.0 with SCT tune. JVC's in doors. 2 - 10" Kenwood subs under rear seat powered by JL Audio amp
Wyo11Scab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:57 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.