Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

New Head Unit App Radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 10:34 PM

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Default New Head Unit App Radio

I was looking into getting the newish Pioneer App Radio HU for my 2003 Supercrew FX4 an I have an iphone 4. I was wondering to all those who have it how do you like it an how it fits in your dash if it looks sleek like its part of the dash an belongs or sticks out. cuz the '03 models have a bulky kinda dash unlike the '04's an up. I also was wondering what you like about it an if there is anything you don't like about it. I would also like to know what kinda truck (year) you have to see how it would look (pics would be appreciated) an what kinda phone you have to see how it hooks up an all. any info would be appreciated thanks.
Attached Thumbnails New Head Unit App Radio-image-1282166782.jpg  
Old 12-22-2011, 11:19 PM

so nobody has it?
Old 01-03-2012, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raif281
so nobody has it?
I am having the app radio installed next week on my 04 f150 and I'll post pics and give a good review of it next week.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by greenmudder

I am having the app radio installed next week on my 04 f150 and I'll post pics and give a good review of it next week.
alright dude thanks
Old 01-05-2012, 03:09 PM

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by raif281
alright dude thanks
Bump!

Update bro... feed me/us!

Looking hard at this one and I may have to put a balance back on my best buy card! LOL

Need those videos (we know you have a iPhone) so post some vids

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2012, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by LongNap

Bump!

Update bro... feed me/us!

Looking hard at this one and I may have to put a balance back on my best buy card! LOL

Need those videos (we know you have a iPhone) so post some vids

Thanks!
Im waiting on the steering wheel controls to come in should be Monday I'll have it installed Tuesday. And I'll be sure to post up some vids.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by greenmudder
Im waiting on the steering wheel controls to come in should be Monday I'll have it installed Tuesday. And I'll be sure to post up some vids.
Cool and thanks! While we wait can you give us a break down of what all you bought and from where?

Links would be great along with prices.

I'm looking at the Dash Command and ODB Bluetooth module for it but have some questions before I decided (like do you have to start the app each time you get in the car or does it run as a service?).

There's a lot of cool things for the AppRadio already, I would be interested in the Wheel controls, rear camera, ODB/Dashcommand and of course the hands free mic that comes with the radio head.

I'm glad you got one and I look forward to your feedback!

Thanks,
David.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:04 AM

Received 521 Likes on 293 Posts

Seemed like a good idea until I read the reviews, which are less than stellar, I suggest you do the same!
Old 01-06-2012, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by allinon72
Seemed like a good idea until I read the reviews, which are less than stellar, I suggest you do the same!
Thanks for the feedback but can you give a little more information other then saying it's not stellar??

I think it's only fair to at least give an example.

I have a few questions and started a thread on their (Dashcommand) site:

http://www.palmerperformance.com/for...p?topic=4835.0

Again... I'm interested in your feedback but we are talking about a few things here and your post doesn't help other then clouding the water.

Please elaborate on what you didn't like about AppRadio, Dashcommand, ScanGauge, Wheel Controls or Rear Camera.

Thanks,
D.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by LongNap

Cool and thanks! While we wait can you give us a break down of what all you bought and from where?

Links would be great along with prices.

I'm looking at the Dash Command and ODB Bluetooth module for it but have some questions before I decided (like do you have to start the app each time you get in the car or does it run as a service?).

There's a lot of cool things for the AppRadio already, I would be interested in the Wheel controls, rear camera, ODB/Dashcommand and of course the hands free mic that comes with the radio head.

I'm glad you got one and I look forward to your feedback!

Thanks,
David.
I don't think I'm gonna do the dash command app since I have the edge evo on the dash and don't feel like spending 50 bucks on an app. And the steering wheel controls can be found at bestbuy it's a universal part made by axxess. And the part that was the hardest to find was the wiring harness I'll see if I can find the part number for it but I eventually found it at crutch field. I'm eventually going to have a back up camera installed but I just dropped a little more money than what I originally expected on this radio. Haha

Quick Reply: New Head Unit App Radio