Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

New Guy...In Search of Peace and Quiet!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy...In Search of Peace and Quiet!

Hi All,

New guy here...hoping someone has some ideas for how to fix a problem I'm encountering with a new audio install.

I have a 2011 XLT Scab that had the base model audio (no Sony or navi) unit. I had the Geek Squad put in a JVC KW-NT50HDT navigation / audio unit along with new speakers in all doors and a 4-channel Polk amp. I also used a PAC interface so I could keep my Sync (even though, in retrospect, I'm not sure I needed it anymore since the new unit has most of the same hands-free commanc capabilities.)

Anyway, the "voice" from my Sync system, and the voice from the new Navi unit, are now both coming through at an ear-splitting decibel. I adjusted the volume on the Navi voice down to the lowest setting, but it's still extremely loud. I have no idea how to adjust the voice on the Sync system or if that would even help.

I'm guessing something got wired wrong. I talked to Crutchfield where I got the unit and they said they never heard of a problem like this. The Geek Squad guys are equally stumped.

Any ideas? Anyone run into this before?

Thanks folks...this site has been a real gold mine and I'm hoping someone might have some advice on this problem.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:10 AM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

it most likely has something to do with how they wired in the amp and the frequencies its set at. Just a guess though.

Quick Reply: New Guy...In Search of Peace and Quiet!