Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

New guy with Nav questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 04:20 AM
The Man from Belgium

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default New guy with Nav questions

Hey everyone,

First post, and already questions. Such is life.

We've ordered a Raptor yesterday. It'll be a 2011 model, since that's what the local trade can make some money on when your dealers want to clear their lots.
It'll arrive in a week or so, and then it will have to go through a lengthy administrative treadmill to get it's walking papers.

Now, since the Ford Nav can't be tweaked to work over here, The few Fords that do make it over here generally arrive without factory nav.
The one we've ordered has the luxury package (which has the Sony audio), from which I will have to remove the radio and mod the dash.

Has anyone here attempted this ? Or can you point me towards a resource on what needs modding ?

We won't see the vehicle for another 8 weeks, but I need to be well prepared.

Oh yes, and I've already used the search button

Thanks a lot,

Peter
Old 12-05-2011, 01:15 PM
The Man from Belgium

97 views, no answers. This is going to be fun.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Il give it a shot. As far as modding you what do want to do exactly? Remove the nav and replace with an aftermarket one?
Old 12-05-2011, 03:31 PM

Nevermind I reread your post haha. As far as replacing the nav just pick up a double din trim kit. Search www.crutchfield.com.. you will also need a wire harness in order to plug into the factory wiring. If I'm not mistaken there is one that retains the sync system and one that does not. That's up to you. Good luck
Old 12-06-2011, 09:03 AM
The Man from Belgium

I've checked the Crutchfield website and it looks like they don't ship to Europe (this is turning out to be a major headache for all the other stuff I need as well). Luckily I found everything through Amazon.

Well, I think I found everything, that is. Scosche bezel, pac sync interface and steering wheel interface. I guess the top display will be a nono, but you can't win them all.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's going to be tough, because the whole center stack is different with the factory navigation and without. As far as I know, the Scosche bezel is only made for trucks without factory navigation. Also, the trucks with factory navigation have the climate control integrated into the navigation unit, but I don't know if it will work without the screen in place.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:19 AM
The Man from Belgium

It doesn't have nav, just the Sony upgraded audio system (which is probably crap).
Old 12-07-2011, 08:20 AM

You should be fine then any more questions just ask. I recently installed a system in my own truck with the Sony system and yes its pretty bad haha.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:39 AM
The Man from Belgium

I've got a box of Audison amps and Focal speakers ready in case the Sony stuff is unbearable. Which, if their past stuff is anything to go by, it probably is.

Quick Reply: New guy with Nav questions