Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

New Door Speakers - Infinity Reference 6832cf (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 10:44 PM

Received 377 Likes on 229 Posts

Default New Door Speakers - Infinity Reference 6832cf (PICS)

Last week Crutchfield was having a sale on the Infinity Reference 6832cf for $59.99 a pair with free wire harnesses / shipping. I couldn't pass the deal up so I picked up two pair to replace all four speakers in my 2012 XLT Scab with stock HU and Sync. There are plenty of threads on here on how to remove the front door panels so I won't go into detail on that. Here are a few pics:

Crutchfield sent the master sheets which were very easy to follow. The only thing I will caution is when re-installing the door panel, make sure the door lock is lined up in the little hole! Otherwise the only other PITA was removing the power window / locks panel. I had a panel removal tool that helped but it was still stubborn!

I'll be sure to do a write up and post more pics when I do the back doors since they seem like they will be a bit more challenging!

And BTW, I am VERY impressed with the sound quality of these speakers!! They are 2 ohm and have a 93 db efficiency rating so they work very well with the low power factory HU. Bass is tight and highs are very crisp.
The following 5 users liked this post by BrewCityF150:
BOOMER12 (11-26-2012), Cariboospeed (06-28-2013), Husker991 (11-17-2013), RealRedRaider (02-25-2013), Stangconv (11-24-2012)
Old 11-15-2012, 11:59 PM
SS..DD

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

I'm glad you posted up as I'm thinking of a change-out to something a little better. I'm intrigued about the 'bass is tight' here as it seems to be a common thread that the bass is somewhat lacking in reviews there.

Now I do have the '700w' under the rear seat FWIW. Do you?
Old 11-16-2012, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Damn Dirty Ape
I'm glad you posted up as I'm thinking of a change-out to something a little better. I'm intrigued about the 'bass is tight' here as it seems to be a common thread that the bass is somewhat lacking in reviews there.

Now I do have the '700w' under the rear seat FWIW. Do you?
Not yet. I'm planning on adding a small powered sub to round out the system (Sound Ordnance B-8PT). I listen to mostly country and occasionally top 40/hip-hop so I don't need window rattling bass like I had in high school and college. I'm sure these speakers have a break in period and I suspect the bass will "loosen" a bit. However, once the powered sub is added to complement these speakers, I'm sure I'll be more than satisfied. The improvement in sound quality with just the fronts in is dramatic. I'll be putting the rear speakers in on Saturday!
The following users liked this post:
Damn Dirty Ape (11-17-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 07:45 PM

Just finished doing the rear doors. It really wasn't that bad. The only issue I had was the seat belt bolt. I had to run to Advanced Auto Parts to pick up a T47 torx bolt bit. The Crutchfield master sheet said T50 but that was too big. The master sheet also fails to mention you need to remove the power window panel. You cannot disconnect the wire harness without the panel removed as there is not enough room below the harness to get it off (that's what she said ). Everything else was really easy. I can't get over the improvement in sound quality over the stock speakers! Can't wait to get my Sound Ordnance B-8PT installed now!

Old 11-17-2012, 09:28 PM
SS..DD

Originally Posted by BrewCityF150
Not yet. I'm planning on adding a small powered sub to round out the system (Sound Ordnance B-8PT). I listen to mostly country and occasionally top 40/hip-hop so I don't need window rattling bass like I had in high school and college. I'm sure these speakers have a break in period and I suspect the bass will "loosen" a bit. However, once the powered sub is added to complement these speakers, I'm sure I'll be more than satisfied. The improvement in sound quality with just the fronts in is dramatic. I'll be putting the rear speakers in on Saturday!
Neat. Did you need any sorts of adapters for the mounting part?

You seem to know a decent bit, is a crossover needed? I have the amp and mini-tweeters on the a-pillars. I'm not really sure what a 'crossover' does?

thanks.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Damn Dirty Ape
Neat. Did you need any sorts of adapters for the mounting part?

You seem to know a decent bit, is a crossover needed? I have the amp and mini-tweeters on the a-pillars. I'm not really sure what a 'crossover' does?

thanks.
Do you NEED an adapter...no. But when you purchase from Crutchfield, they send you free adapters that plug directly into the factory harness so you don't have to splice the wire. Anytime I don't have to cut factory wires I'm happy . You can also purchase the speaker adapters from a number of places. They are very common.

My 2012 as the tweets on the a-pillar as well. From what I understand, there is a capacitor connected to the wire that limits the low frequency's from reaching the tweeter. There is no factory crossover. All of the door speakers are full range so if you get a coax speaker like I did, you'll get the full spectrum of sound in addition to having the tweeter on the a-pillar. I must say, these speakers complement the a-pillar tweets really well and it sounds great!
Old 11-17-2012, 09:49 PM

Sorry didn't answer your question on what a crossover does. It basically splits the audio signal bands apart so only the lower frequencies reach the woofer and higher frequencies reach the tweeter. That's a very simple explanation. If you have component speakers, they are absolutely necessary and come with the speakers. In my case, you don't NEED the crossover. The capacitor is fine.
Damn Dirty Ape (11-18-2012)

Trending Topics

Old 11-18-2012, 12:10 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I got on here to look at speakers because my rear driver's speaker is blown. While I could go it repaired, I feel the stock system speakers are terrible! I'm thinking of doing the same thing you did. It is just "plug-n-play" basically?
Old 11-18-2012, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Blackout2012
I got on here to look at speakers because my rear driver's speaker is blown. While I could go it repaired, I feel the stock system speakers are terrible! I'm thinking of doing the same thing you did. It is just "plug-n-play" basically?
Yes, provided you get the speaker adapters (they come free when you order from Crutchfield).

As long as you stick to the stock speaker size, it's a piece of cake. If you decide to do this project by yourself, I would recommend getting a panel removal tool kit. You can pick one up off Amazon for $10 with free shipping. I used the plastic tools when removing the power window / lock panels. Otherwise, a metal screw driver might scratch up your interior.
MTN GHOST RIDER (11-19-2012)
Old 11-18-2012, 01:05 PM
SS..DD

I was reading about the 6829cf kappas and the apparently need a 1/4" adapter to keep it out of the way of the window.

Quick Reply: New Door Speakers - Infinity Reference 6832cf (PICS)