Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

New Audio System Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Audio System Question

I received a new stereo system for my 1997 F150 for Christmas. I've seen other posts that mention that you need a FD021 connector to keep you from splicing all the wires. Is this all I need? I know I need a dash kit and have made preparations to get one but I want to make sure I have everything I need for installation. If I get the connector, that means I won't have to splice the wires, right? I got the wiring diagram from another site so I can cut the wires loose from the original harness if I need to. I want the most secure connection I can get so I don't want to splice if I don't need to.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:18 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by poopsiega
I received a new stereo system for my 1997 F150 for Christmas. I've seen other posts that mention that you need a FD021 connector to keep you from splicing all the wires. Is this all I need? I know I need a dash kit and have made preparations to get one but I want to make sure I have everything I need for installation. If I get the connector, that means I won't have to splice the wires, right? I got the wiring diagram from another site so I can cut the wires loose from the original harness if I need to. I want the most secure connection I can get so I don't want to splice if I don't need to.
You need a dash kit and a wiring harness for any aftermarket installation. This wiring harness should work for you.
Amazon Amazon

Your cd player will come with it's own wiring harness. You then get this Scosche FD02B wiring harness and connect all of the wires to the one that came with your cd player. Plug the Schosche into the factory plug, plug in your antenna, and boom! New cd player.

Quick Reply: New Audio System Question