Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Need Some Help on Sub box. Not much though.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some Help on Sub box. Not much though.

Ok so I have a 2012 F150 stx Scab. I am wanting to put two 10'' JL Audio subs. Now the wiring from the battery, The remote wire and RCA cables are already in the back. I see on some sites that the boxes that are already made don't have much of a deep top mount depth for the speakers. The max depth I've seen was 5 1/4'' deep. Now I have seen that JL has a few speakers that will fit in there but I wasn't sure if there was a box that I can have a little more flexibility with. Is there a website/company that I've missed that has a decent one. I'm not planning on shaking the whole neighborhood.. Just enough to enjoy the bass. The Amp i'm looking in is the 600/1v3 slash Amp and depending on the box... I'll adjust my speakers to it.

If I could get any help on this that would be nice.
Thanks guys.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:08 PM

Received 169 Likes on 137 Posts

Double post. Deleted

Last edited by king nothing; 01-15-2014 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:08 PM

Received 169 Likes on 137 Posts

all the premade boxes are made to fit in the space that you have. If you want it deeper box, you will have to lift the rear seat. There are several nice subs such as the sundown sd2 that will fit and sound great in those boxes. The JL amp is decent, but you are paying a premium for the JL name. There are many amps out there that will give you just as good results for half the price just because they don't say JL. Look into Hifonics, MB Quart, or PPI.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, yeah I'm just doing research right now on all it. I understand the Ohms and every thing now. I'm just trying to figure the small stuff now. haha

Quick Reply: Need Some Help on Sub box. Not much though.