Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Need recomendations for speakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 09:38 PM
I bleed Blue

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Need recomendations for speakers

hey guys I have a 12 Super Cab I just bought and it has the Sync and the 6 disc with tweeters on the A-pillars. I think the stock speakers sound like a fart under water!
Im 41 and been out of the sterio stuff for a long time and wouldnt know what manufactures are good or bad now. I would really like some help picking out a decent set of replacement speakers for my truck at the very least.
Maybe down the road I will add a small sub but for now I would like to just keep my stock head unit and get some great sounding speakers that will produce some decent range.

I dont want some cheap $25 two ways but Im also not dropping 250+ per set. So what you guys think??
Old 01-21-2014, 11:16 PM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I was just kind of in the same boat with my '13 XLT Scab. I spent some time looking through this sub forum and found this thread which pointed me towards Infinity. Seems like a fair number of people have gone the Infinity route if they want to keep the stock head unit. The take home from the thread I linked above is that the Infinity Reference series are good as straight replacements and the Kappas are great *IF* you also add an amp (adding an amp also helps the Reference speakers).

I just swapped out my stock speakers for the Infinity Reference 6832 Cf speakers. It's still early but I do think they are "crisper" than the stock speakers. BTW, the stock speakers are stamped 25W Max and these Infinity speakers are 60W max.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:16 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Infinity reference or Polk db's for straight replacements. Order the speaker harness with them and it is plug and play. Makes a huge difference. The infinity's have a pivoting tweeter to aim up towards your ears and the +3 db attenuator button boosts the highs when running off stock HU.
The following users liked this post:
AlyssaB (01-22-2014)
Old 01-22-2014, 08:24 PM
Dazed and Confused

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts

My 2 cents for Polk. Have MM 6501 front, db 571 rear.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:44 PM
I bleed Blue

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Well after doing some compairing I settled on these Kicker 6x8 components

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_2064CSS...684.html?tp=93

I forgot I had a brand new set of Sony 5.25 Explodes in garage that came with a truck I bought a while ago. I will use in back doors.

Quick Reply: Need recomendations for speakers