Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Need to identify harness, as well as mystery wires under driver's seat (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Need to identify harness, as well as mystery wires under driver's seat (pics)

Hello All,

I recently received an Alpine CDA-9884 head unit and am stuck during the install. I've searched everywhere, read a hundred different web pages, etc but for some reason my specific radio harness doesn't seem to exist In addition, I found a pair of wires under the seat that aren't connected to anything. I'm wondering if maybe the stealership I bought it from removed an existing amp or disc changer?

My truck is a 2001 F150 SuperCab. Please take a look at the pics, and if you know what the mystery wires are for; or if you can give me a part # for the wiring harness, I would very much appreciate it!

These are the two connectors for my factory cd player

The connections on the back of the factory deck

The mystery wires under the driver's seat

I know i need to clean out my truck lol. it's a ranch truck and was infested with mice up until about two weeks ago.

Thanks!

Oh yes, and here's what Crutchfield recommends for my year/model: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1207017...ss.html?tp=736

It only has one connector which begs the question... what to do with the second connector?
Old 01-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

can you get better pictures? and you just need a wiring harness to fix the problem, you can go to best buy or circuit city.com and it will tell you what harness you need for your vehicle...crutchfield has that option too
Old 01-27-2009, 09:11 PM

Default hmmm

Oh yes, and here's what Crutchfield recommends for my year/model: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1207017...ss.html?tp=736

It only has one connector which begs the question... what to do with the second connector?
anyone else know the answer? I checked best buy, which doesn't have a second connector and circuitcity went out of business a week ago

Last edited by brighamr; 01-27-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:06 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default seat

are they for the heated seat?
Old 01-28-2009, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by FOMOCO466
are they for the heated seat?
good question, although i don't know of any heated seat controls anywhere. I'd love it if that were the case!
Old 01-28-2009, 01:58 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default seat

all of the power seat stuff work?? power lumbar ect... what about the sealbelt light . there are wires going to the seat belt that tells if the seat belt is plugged in.. something like that?
Old 01-30-2009, 10:54 AM

there isn't any power stuff, with exception of door locks and windows

I figured out the stereo connection. It was for the Ford Premium, and I believe the part number was 57-xx. the new deck sounds great!

Quick Reply: Need to identify harness, as well as mystery wires under driver's seat (pics)