Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Need Help with Installing Aftermarket Alpine amp to Factory HU

Old 04-30-2016, 04:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need Help with Installing Aftermarket Alpine amp to Factory HU

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2014 F-150 SCREW XLT 4.2" Screen (non-sony), I've been searching the web over the last several months trying to get the correct info to hook up an aftermarket amp/sub. I bought the Kicker Hideaway and after lots of reading I spliced into the speaker wires in the passenger door sill (bwn/wht & bwn/bl). I wanted to hook into both left and right speakers as I would assume I want signals from both sides in case the bass varies during certain songs. I couldnt figure out the colours for wires for the left rear speaker or where it was so I just used the 1 side but the auto-turn on feature didnt work so I tapped into the fuse in passenger kick panel for that remote turn on as well. The hideaway wasnt powerful enough so I sent it back and bought a pioneer sub and Alpine MRV-M500 (waiting to be delivered). So I have the power cable run, know where my ground is but I want to figure out the best way to get the speaker level inputs to the amp. I could just go back into the (bwn/wht & bwn/bl) rear right speaker but not sure if the auto sensing remote turn on will not work again and if I should be splicing into both sides. Some have said they bought different harnesses so no splicing was required but I cant find one that Im sure will work with my truck as not all apparently work on the 2014s. Plus I dont want to spend 20-100 bucks if all I have to do is find the left rear speaker wires to splice into but I dont mind spending the $ if it makes it an easier and cleaner install. So basically Im exhausted from all the reading and havent got the exact answer Im looking for so Im hoping you guys can help. If i just splice the speaker level inputs from the alpine amp to the rear speakers what colours are the left rear speaker wires and where are they located? OR which colour wires would I look for behind the head unit that I could splice into or attach an LoC and run rcas back to the amp or which harness to buy and hook in? Anyone know what would be best? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by tets; 04-30-2016 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:20 PM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

this isn't much help, but... couldn't you take off your door panel to find the color wires you're looking for? I hooked an lc8i to my truck, but I have MFT with sony so I have to fiddle with that stupid amp in the console.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by liinxcore
this isn't much help, but... couldn't you take off your door panel to find the color wires you're looking for? I hooked an lc8i to my truck, but I have MFT with sony so I have to fiddle with that stupid amp in the console.
Thanks. I have had the door panel off in the front doors but not the back. Actually from info I just found it looks like the left rear speaker is wht/grn & brn/yellow but someone said it's in the passenger door sill or kick panel but I can't find it. Anyone know where is easiest to tap into it from experience?
Old 05-01-2016, 04:41 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by tets
Thanks. I have had the door panel off in the front doors but not the back. Actually from info I just found it looks like the left rear speaker is wht/grn & brn/yellow but someone said it's in the passenger door sill or kick panel but I can't find it. Anyone know where is easiest to tap into it from experience?
They are in the door sill. I tapped in there and hid the small high to low converter in the door sill also. I only ran one channel into an Alpine sub amp.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:11 PM

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

pull the cover pannel between the front and rear door, 1/3 way up youll see the wire loom split to feed the door, in that loom you will find the rear speaker wires, I tapped in there as i just needed the signal for the sub, up front i did it via a United kingdom harness for adding bluetooth, i cut the bluetooth connector off and wired in the amp to pull signal and push signal to the front speakers, that way in a matter of a few min i can undo everything back to stock

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need Help with Installing Aftermarket Alpine amp to Factory HU