Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Need Help Diagnosing my sub system issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 10:31 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Need Help Diagnosing my sub system issue

So I have an old xtant 1001 sub amp with the LC2i Audio Control box.
The xtant powers 2 Type-R dual4 subs in a fox acoustic box.

My problem:
So about 2-3 weeks ago everything was working fine, and then nothing. its as if something happened and the signal was not making it to the sub anymore.

Everything turns on when the truck is on. I even removed the RCA's on the AC box and heard the subs make noise like when you plug in an aux cord with the volume up.

So with that said I believe that everything from the RCA forward (amp/sub) are working properly, but just aren't getting the signal to do their job.

I also think that my wire taps in the doors were good too, so really that just leaves the AC LC2i box.

I believe I have narrowed it down to the speaker wire inputs being the issue but I do not know how to diagnose what the issue might actually be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to fix this today or tomorrow. I am so tired of not having a sub

Thanks in advanced guys!!
Old 04-02-2015, 01:29 PM

So I fixed the issue. it was OE and not the Audio Control LC2i...

Damn I feel like a dumby....
Old 04-02-2015, 04:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I checked out your build thread. I am considering the same box but cannot find pics to show the seat down and angles from the sides. Is there any chance you could post some. I am hoping the box does not protrude forward of the seat when it is down. Wanting to avoid a step conviction. Plus, are you satisfied with the subs you used and amp supplying enough power?
Thanks,
Ivan
Old 04-03-2015, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by ivandrea
I checked out your build thread. I am considering the same box but cannot find pics to show the seat down and angles from the sides. Is there any chance you could post some. I am hoping the box does not protrude forward of the seat when it is down. Wanting to avoid a step conviction. Plus, are you satisfied with the subs you used and amp supplying enough power?
Thanks,
Ivan
I actually love my set up. The box sticks our MAYBE a quarter of an inch from the seat but it doesn't really restrict entry and exit for the back seat passengers. I'll take a pic of what I'm talking about today if I think about it.

As for the actual set up, it's freaking amazing so far. Just enough to hit hard but not make the entire truck shake and rattle.. there is a little rattle on the rear cab sheet metal but I haven't figured out how I wanna go about stopping that.

My one complaint with the xtant 1001 and the f-150 is the xtant is too bulky to be actually mounted on the rear wall so It just sort of sits back there for now till I can come up with a solution.

Over all:

Fox box A- sounds amazing and very well built but there is no means to secure it for safety and theft reasons unless you rig your own.

Type -R Dual 4's A+

Lc2i A+

Xtant 1001 B- and that is just because of the bulkiness issue.

Hope this helps.. and again if I think about it I'll snap a few pics.

I do have this one but that's all I have

Need Help Diagnosing my sub system issue-forumrunner_20150403_050240.jpg

Please excuse the mess... I tend to live in my truck during the week lol.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:05 AM

Received 169 Likes on 137 Posts

Awwwww c'mon, you can't blame the xtant for being a tank. Thats how it was back in the day lol
Old 04-03-2015, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by king nothing
Awwwww c'mon, you can't blame the xtant for being a tank. Thats how it was back in the day lol
Haha I'm not it's just making it quite difficult to mount and still be able to open/close the rear seats
Old 04-03-2015, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by ivandrea
Thanks,
Ivan
Here are all the pics I thought would be helpful. Let me know if you want/need anything more specific

Need Help Diagnosing my sub system issue-forumrunner_20150403_105636.jpg

Need Help Diagnosing my sub system issue-forumrunner_20150403_105644.jpg

Need Help Diagnosing my sub system issue-forumrunner_20150403_105656.jpg

Need Help Diagnosing my sub system issue-forumrunner_20150403_105703.jpg

Quick Reply: Need Help Diagnosing my sub system issue