Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Need help choosing setup for 2012 FX4 system

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 10:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help choosing setup for 2012 FX4 system

Hello all. I have been reading through many posts, but find conflicting information.

I have a 2012 FX4 with sync but no sony and no nav. I want to add a sound proc, 2 amps (1 mon for sub, one 4 channel for door speakers).

I want the sync to work, and to not have any issues with popping when things turn on and off.

Can someone tell me what would work best. The Lci2 looks simple and would do the trick, but if I pull the speaker level inputs from the rear, and don't have the fronts wired to the stock HU will the sync not work?

I will gladly purchase whatever works best if anyone could please tell what has worked for them.

Thank you.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Scuuder3
Hello all. I have been reading through many posts, but find conflicting information.

I have a 2012 FX4 with sync but no sony and no nav. I want to add a sound proc, 2 amps (1 mon for sub, one 4 channel for door speakers).

I want the sync to work, and to not have any issues with popping when things turn on and off.

Can someone tell me what would work best. The Lci2 looks simple and would do the trick, but if I pull the speaker level inputs from the rear, and don't have the fronts wired to the stock HU will the sync not work?

I will gladly purchase whatever works best if anyone could please tell what has worked for them.

Thank you.
Sorry that I won't be much help but I am interested in the same information. I have only had my truck for a week so I haven't had time to learn the ins and outs of the sync system. Why not tap the front speaker wires instead of the rear? What are you planning on using for a sound processor? I will be using a RF 360.3 which accepts high level from the factory HU or low level (RCA) inputs.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:22 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

You'll need to tap the front speakers, that's where the sync is.
The following users liked this post:
Set_da_Hook (07-16-2013)

Quick Reply: Need help choosing setup for 2012 FX4 system