Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Need Help With Aftermarket HU and SWC

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Help With Aftermarket HU and SWC

Has anybody in here installed the Newsmy Carpad model 2 or 3 HU in their F-150? If so, were you able to keep your SWC?

The reason I ask is because I just installed the Carpad 3 (NR5002) in my 2012 F-150, along with the Metra ASWC-1 adapter. The HU has inputs for the SWC but I cannot get them to function correctly. When I program any button using the keypad editor app that came with the unit that button functions correctly, but all of the other steering wheel buttons are also programmed the same as the original button. In other words, if I program the Vol up button it will increase the radio volume but so will all of the other buttons. And, when I try to program a different button the first button loses it's programming.

Very strange problem. I called Metra tech support and they said that they've never heard of this issue and said that I need to contact the radio manufacture. Problem is there is no tech support for this Chinese HU. I'm hoping that someone in here may have experienced the same or similar issue with theirs, and can offer some advice.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:53 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by RC54
Has anybody in here installed the Newsmy Carpad model 2 or 3 HU in their F-150? If so, were you able to keep your SWC?

The reason I ask is because I just installed the Carpad 3 (NR5002) in my 2012 F-150, along with the Metra ASWC-1 adapter. The HU has inputs for the SWC but I cannot get them to function correctly. When I program any button using the keypad editor app that came with the unit that button functions correctly, but all of the other steering wheel buttons are also programmed the same as the original button. In other words, if I program the Vol up button it will increase the radio volume but so will all of the other buttons. And, when I try to program a different button the first button loses it's programming.

Very strange problem. I called Metra tech support and they said that they've never heard of this issue and said that I need to contact the radio manufacture. Problem is there is no tech support for this Chinese HU. I'm hoping that someone in here may have experienced the same or similar issue with theirs, and can offer some advice.
I haven't been able to find an install manual on line but I do see that there are SWC wires in the wire harness and only the mic and gps inputs on the back of the HU. Perhaps I don't have the correct model. I did find this site that has some interesting info.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...ad#Information
Old 03-12-2016, 01:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
I haven't been able to find an install manual on line but I do see that there are SWC wires in the wire harness and only the mic and gps inputs on the back of the HU. Perhaps I don't have the correct model. I did find this site that has some interesting info.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...ad#Information
You have the correct model. There is a plug in the back with wires for SWC, and I am connected to them as required, but it's just not responding the way it should. The install manual just says to connect the SWC wires to either Key 1 or Key 2 and ground.

Right, I've known about that site and have been reading the posts there but so far nothing real helpful for this issue. I was hoping to find someone in here that has already installed this HU and maybe found a solution.

Quick Reply: Need Help With Aftermarket HU and SWC