Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Need Help with the 2011 factory radio wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Help with the 2011 factory radio wiring

Hey guys, I need your help. I have been trying to install my amp and sub for about 2 weeks and I'm having a really hard time tapping my factory wiring to create a preout. I have the 700W Sony system with Nav and sync. My amp doesn't have high level inputs, so I can't just tap a regular speaker wire. I tried to use a PAC OEM1 originally, but I learned the hard way that it's not compatible with Sony amplified systems. I'm trying this now, http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127SOEM...=detailed_info . The problem I'm running into is that I can't find an accurate wiring diagram for the 2011 Sony systems. Everything I've found is either old or looks good until you notice all the wire colors are wrong.... I want to tap the wires before it gets to the amp, so I don't lose the bass after half volume like I do now. Does anyone have an accurate (verified) wiring diagram or a better idea of how to do this? I really don't want to take that radio out any more than I need to, it's a bitch! Any help you guys can give would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:49 AM
Dazed and Confused

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts

nm

Last edited by Tallyman89; 03-25-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:15 AM
RGVblackPlatinum

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Don't mess with it. You need a box for it. Go to a radio shop. Trust me.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe you could use an MTX RE-Q processor? They claim it will correct the cut-off and has an "after amp" setting so you can feed signal to it under the back seat.

I am looking at using a sound processor for my whole system but can't locate a "Metra BT" type harness that will allow me to tap the system easily.

Also, I have seen alot of pictures of the sub boxes with the amp mounted on the box but on my 2011 w/ Sony and Nav there is no amp on the box and I doubt it is inside so maybe it is under the console? Does your box have an amp mounted on it? If not, have you located the amps?
Old 08-19-2011, 11:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

were you ever able to find the wiring diagram for the 2011 Sony Nav System? I want to replace my factory sub with an amp and new sub as well. There should be pre-amp signals going to the Sony Amp under the center console. Anyone have access to the wiring diagram for the Sony Amp?
Old 08-19-2011, 01:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.f150forum.com/f30/2011-f...r-code-107284/

You have to take your signal after the sony amp because of the can bus system that delivery the audio to the amp. You need something to un-eq and restore the bass signal because the factory signal shelves around half to 3/4 volume. Bass won't increase with the factory volume control beyond a certain point.

Last edited by SkierMan; 08-19-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Need Help with the 2011 factory radio wiring