Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Navigation Receiver Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Navigation Receiver Recommendations?

I’m a newbie looking for a navigation receiver to replace the existing oem nav system in my 2007 F150. I have a crew cab that does not already have the factory mounted subwoofer.

I’d prefer a double DIN w a flat panel (no flip up screen).

Here is my “wish list”
Blue Tooth capable – I currently have an HTC Eris, but I’ll be getting a new phone soon
Satellite Ready
Nav System – Easily updatable (I prefer no DVDs, but I’m flexible on this)
Traffic Receiver
Back Up Camera capable

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by laxer37

I’m a newbie looking for a navigation receiver to replace the existing oem nav system in my 2007 F150. I have a crew cab that does not already have the factory mounted subwoofer.

I’d prefer a double DIN w a flat panel (no flip up screen).

Here is my “wish list”
Blue Tooth capable – I currently have an HTC Eris, but I’ll be getting a new phone soon
Satellite Ready
Nav System – Easily updatable (I prefer no DVDs, but I’m flexible on this)
Traffic Receiver
Back Up Camera capable

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD, just got one, installing it this weekend
Old 11-24-2010, 09:51 PM
Tort Feasor

I don't really know what you mean by a traffic receiver, but the Pioneer AVIC-X920BT is what I have and it does everything else you mentioned beautifully.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by KU Lariat
I don't really know what you mean by a traffic receiver, but the Pioneer AVIC-X920BT is what I have and it does everything else you mentioned beautifully.

Thanks! I was looking at the 920 and right now, I think I'm torn between that and JVC's KW-NT3HDT.

As for the traffic thing, some (like the NT3HDT) have the ability to pull data from Total Traffic Network via their HD Tuner in order to display vehicular traffic/congestion/accidents/etc and will calculate a route around it if you desire. I guess it isn't a "must have" for me since I can pull up google maps on my phone, but its a nice feature. And the less I have to stare down at my phone, the better.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:12 AM
Tort Feasor

Originally Posted by laxer37
Thanks! I was looking at the 920 and right now, I think I'm torn between that and JVC's KW-NT3HDT.

As for the traffic thing, some (like the NT3HDT) have the ability to pull data from Total Traffic Network via their HD Tuner in order to display vehicular traffic/congestion/accidents/etc and will calculate a route around it if you desire. I guess it isn't a "must have" for me since I can pull up google maps on my phone, but its a nice feature. And the less I have to stare down at my phone, the better.
I didn't even know they could do that. Guess I've never though to check, seeing as I'm in a big city maybe once every two months. Can't go wrong with the 920, but looks like either of those would be excellent.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:46 AM

Are interested in selling your oem nav system?
Old 12-15-2010, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Krazy
Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD, just got one, installing it this weekend
I too am considering this unit. Can you give us an update on the ease of installation, and how it works on your f150? Did you also install a camera to go with it? Are these difficult to install for an average backyard mechanic or would I be better off to pay a professional to do it.

Quick Reply: Navigation Receiver Recommendations?